We were recently in Santorini in June for 6 days. We found the Smaro Studios online before we left and were not sure what we would find when we got there. We were very pleasantly surprised. It is a family owned hotel run by the granddaughter of the original owner of the house. The building was destroyed by the last earthquake in Santorini in 1956. Six traditional apartments, one for each of the original family members have been restored and are furnished in the style of that era. All the apartments have a small equipped kitchen, air conditioning, satellite television, telephone & internet access, hair dryer, safe box and private veranda to enjoy the view of the Caldera. The veranda is the best part. We spent many mornings and evenings just staring out at the beautiful view of the volcano. Breakfast was served every morning on our veranda and wine and fruit were provided on our arrival.
We stayed in the Katerina room (all rooms named after the family members) which is the bridal suite. It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. There is also a small hot tub available for all the guests (although it was not very hot when we were there).
The hotel is in Firastefani, a 10 minute walk to the main town of Fira. It is also accessible by car from the airport or ferries.
The hotel itself is built on the side of the cliff overlooking the caldera and the view is breathtaking. It is also not far from Oia which boasts the best place to watch the sunset (and it is!).
We had the best time in Santorini and at the Smaro Studios. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Smaro Studios. Smaro Studios in Santorini is on the Caldera cliffs. A small hotel with a big history, Smaro Studios has a wonderful view of the Caldera, the volcano and the gorgeous Aegean Sea. The hotel is located in Firostefani, a peaceful village just above Fira town. Smaro Studios combines hospitality and relaxation with the enchanting traditions of a beautiful Greek island.Guest Services. Smaro Studios has 6 apartments with a small equipped kitchen, air conditioning, free WiFi access, TV with SAT channels, telephone, hair dryer, safe box and private veranda to enjoy the view of the Caldera.- Heated outdoor Jacuzzi for up to 5 persons with views of the Caldera- Upon arrival a bottle of Vinsanto wine, fresh seasonal fruit & mixed nuts- Breakfast is inclusive- Reception is open from morning till midnight- We are here to assist you with island information & tips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Smaro Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smaro Studios Santorini/Firostefani
- Smaro Studios Hotel Santorini