“Best hotel on the best island”

Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I can't imagine a better place to stay on Santorini. The location was perfect, the owner/hosts were friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were great and our room with a king sized bed overlooking the pool and caldera was perfect.

Room Tip: Our room (think it was #11) was the only one with a king-sized bed which was great for us since we a...

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a sweet...family owned inn! Beautiful views and a short walk to the shopping in Fira! We would definetly stay again! The pool area is close to all the rooms and the view from there is breathe taking. The reception area is a great place to relax and read a book or just relax...but we had a balcony and that's where we spent our mornings!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My son(10yrs) and I visited this Htl on Sept - had booked it via Htl's online - one day after booking, I received an e-mail from the owner ,saying that they will give us a traditional studio ,instead a std room with caldera view that we booked - didn't want to argue, I was working for 10yrs in a travel agency, I knew how this works...I knew what they were going to say to me(oh, lastminute booking, oh book/out, oh upgrade, etc) - when we arrived ,owner's wife said that studio is a a few meters away, not in main building!!!we followed her down the street and then downstairs(maaany stairs)and there it was, a room that was totally isolated (very scary at night) and definately had nothing to do with htl, which I also booked it cause it had pool outside the rooms - If I was 25yrs I would probably would had found it an interesting experience, but I'm 45 and found it a bad joke!!!! No explanation whatsoever from his wife - my son though, was excited anyway being in Santorini, we were there for 3nts only, they would definately not going to give us our money back if we said to them ''look,we are now leaving this it's totally unacceptable'', so we stayed and tryed to enjoy as much the hours outside this room - I just want to let you know that for 3 days ,NONE , owner, wife, other ,bothered to come and see us or ask us if we are ok, give us other room in the main building(as we saw people checked out), or offered us a free taxi to the airport as a conpensation, nothing ... I was so anticipating for these 3nts in Santorini and if it wasn't for all the others we saw,done,visited on the island , it would had been a totally disaster.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank nina d
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Location will often take you to a hotel, but hospitality, exceptional service and cleanliness will keep bringing you back. We have just completed our fifth trip to Santorini and have stayed at the Villa Ilias each time. The hotel is well located with exceptional views of the caldera and just a 10 minute walk to Fira. Each night we enjoyed watching a beautiful sunset with a bottle of wine from our balcony, or while sitting around the pool area. When available, we often stay in the rooftop room which offers a fantastic view of both sides of the island.The owners, George and Pauline are wonderful hosts and make every guest feel welcome and special from the moment they arrive. We love the complimentary breakfast consisting of a freshly baked Greek pie/quiche each day, along with Greek yogurt, eggs, cereal, an assortment of breads, juices and fresh fruit and a delightful sweet cake made by Marina. Cleanliness is certainly a priority at the Villa Ilias, and the housekeeper, Anna worked diligently to make sure our room was spotless each day. We loved our quick chats with Anna too.........We travel to Europe frequently and have stayed in many nice hotels, however, the Villa Ilias still remains at the top or our list with it's location, and all around exceptional hospitality and service. If we are fortunate enough to return to Santorini again, we could not imagine staying anywhere else!

3  Thank GaryandRosalie
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were in santorini for a wedding and was recommended to stay at Villa Ilias. We were there for 4 nights and stayed in the traditional room which was about 100m from the main reception area. From the time we arrived, we were greeted with warm welcomes and hellos from the owners George and Pauline who just made us feel at home. The room was adequate size and the bathroom was quite small, but we expected this on an island like Santorini. The views were spectacular and there is a table and chairs with a couple of sun beds on the balcony that you can relax and watch the beautiful sunset. The only comment in the room is there are a couple of appliances that made me feel like I was back in the 80's, so my suggestion is to update these appliances or get rid of them totally! Otherwise,I could not fault the service, cleanliness and views, we will be back again!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My two friends and I stayed at Villa Ilias this September. It could not have been better. The view, the breakfast, the warm hospitality given by Pauline and George.. And the rest of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms.. It was just what we wanted. We loved being a little away from Fira Center.. Altho we were still close to it.. 5min-10 walk.. We enjoyed the quiet of Firostefani at night. Plus, there a million restaurants and shops on the way to Fira.. Santorini is heaven and I hope to return one day soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at villa llias for 4 nights. We had the most memorable stay. It is perfectly located away from the hustle and bustle at the same not very far from the restaurants /shops. We could enjoy undisrupted caldera view as well as the sea view from the balcony. It was always very quiet at the villa which made me and my partner feel like the villa was our own private escape. We both experienced a beautiful moment watching the sun go down with a bottle of wine. The housekeeper is a very quiet and sweet lady who doesn't even make you feel like she is around. We will surely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Apanemo
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Lilium Villas Santorini
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel? Share your experiences!