My son(10yrs) and I visited this Htl on Sept - had booked it via Htl's online - one day after booking, I received an e-mail from the owner ,saying that they will give us a traditional studio ,instead a std room with caldera view that we booked - didn't want to argue, I was working for 10yrs in a travel agency, I knew how this works...I knew what they were going to say to me(oh, lastminute booking, oh book/out, oh upgrade, etc) - when we arrived ,owner's wife said that studio is a a few meters away, not in main building!!!we followed her down the street and then downstairs(maaany stairs)and there it was, a room that was totally isolated (very scary at night) and definately had nothing to do with htl, which I also booked it cause it had pool outside the rooms - If I was 25yrs I would probably would had found it an interesting experience, but I'm 45 and found it a bad joke!!!! No explanation whatsoever from his wife - my son though, was excited anyway being in Santorini, we were there for 3nts only, they would definately not going to give us our money back if we said to them ''look,we are now leaving this it's totally unacceptable'', so we stayed and tryed to enjoy as much the hours outside this room - I just want to let you know that for 3 days ,NONE , owner, wife, other ,bothered to come and see us or ask us if we are ok, give us other room in the main building(as we saw people checked out), or offered us a free taxi to the airport as a conpensation, nothing ... I was so anticipating for these 3nts in Santorini and if it wasn't for all the others we saw,done,visited on the island , it would had been a totally disaster.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Damigos family has been a part of Santorini history for over a century. Villa Ilias is the former residence of one of our ancestors, George Ilias Damigos. It is built on this specific location to capture breathtaking views that are unique only to Villa Ilias and perched 1,000 feet above the Aegean Sea and the most famous volcano in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel Santorini/Firostefani