TripAdvisor
Firostefani
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews roof terrace first morning car hire bus stop beautiful walk an amazing view the main road minute walk small pool stayed here for nights every morning yogurt rania caldera fira township curtains
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2018

This boutique hotel is located on the cliffs overlooking the Santorini caldera. The location, Firostefani, is excellent. Firostefani is a suburb of Thira immediately adjacent to it, so easy walking distance to all that Thira has to offer. The hotel is located quite close to the promenade that winds along the cliffs. The rooms are small, the bathroom door bangs against the toilet upon opening. However, it was very clean, spotless in fact. Our terrace looked out over the cliff to the caldera, a fantastic view, though the three days we were there had very strong winds which did not allow us to enjoy the terrace itself very much. The continental breakfast was excellent. Rania, at the front desk, took care of our every need, and was very congenial, attentive, and efficient.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank hyp80
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Good hotel for view from top floor balcony to Caldera and mountains. Also for sunset. More views from Jacuzzi area. We also had sun in the morning when some lower hotels facing Caldera had shade. We were not so pleased when we saw the small room at first but for the price in This good location being between Fira and Imorvigili thats what you get. Breakfast was on a tray to eat on balcony. Good, fresh baked bread, jam, choc spread, honey, greek yoghurt, cake, boiled egg.and some ham and cheese sandwiches wrapped to take out. Fruit juice, hot drink. Fruit also would have been good. Make sure you know route via road to get to hotel if have wheeled cases as shorter route has many steps and cobbles. All uphill from bus station. Very close to sunset view with blue top churches and 10 mins to Skaros rock, 10 minutes to Fira shops by cliff top path.

Room tip: Top floor side Caldera view great view and balcony in sun am and pm,
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ad5Heather
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was a big disappointment. It started with the terrace (which looked very nice in the pictures) being totally neglected with furniture thrown over etc. Also the whole hotel smells of stale smoke and the rooms, especially the ones at the top, are shabby and not too clean.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank L4142PSfionah
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

I had booked a room to have a luxury night before heading back to Athens. Unfortunately that morning I had called the number they had provided and the woman that had answered had no clue what I was talking about. I took this as a red flag but still remained positive that everything would be fine. Upon leaving my first hotel and trying to find my way to the cliff apartments on my own and with some help from locals I was not able to locate it at all!! I tried to call them multiple times from my phone and then got a shop owner to try too but still no answer. I had no choice but to go and find last minute accomodation elsewhere. I still have yet to receive an email back from them. This is not a rating on the facilities or room. This is a review about their customer service which is non existent.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2017

The hotel is in a fabulous position, giving you a great view of the Caldera. The room is slightly dated and basic, however that doesn't detract from the ward welcome and homely feel to the place.
Breakfast is served on a tray and is very good.
We were pleased with the location and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Santorini.

Room tip: Rooms with overlooking the Caldera are fabulous
Date of stay: September 2017