If you are tired of hotels, and villas are either expensive or requiring plenty of supplemental services there is a hybrid model for you which I can describe as heaven on earth.
It is the Tsitouras Collection
A modern collection,made of four miniature villas nestled in a historic setting combining the old world and the new. Amenities galore , fabulous service and owners who treat their guests like an extended family. Every place for rent in Santorini brags about their views that is because they all have fantastic views but none like the setting at the Tsitouras. with a large private infinity pool and terraces that provide you with a180 degree of unobstructed breath taking caldera, not shared by tens of hotel guests.A choice of spacious,extremely modernized , with unique flavor villa like rooms in contrast to the usual hotels . A piece of heaven on earth ... If that is not enough for you they have detached villa about 15 feet from the collection that could accommodate 3 couples with the same outstanding views , service and private pool , Eleni and George are the most fantastic, helpful ,gracious and knowledgable hosts. They make you feel as if you are an extension of their family.
For us, and for all mature seasoned travelers , this is the best place to be, period!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani