Our two days at this gorgeous hotel were somewhat eventful, but nothing to do with the hotel itself. The day we landed on the island, a fire at the island's power station wiped out the entire supply and we had pretty much no power for our entire two days' stay. It was disappointing as we were not able to experience the stunning hotel to its full potential - the lack of basics such as running water and lighting made for an interesting stay!
We felt so sorry for our hosts Eleni and George who are marvellous. I know the situation caused them a lot of stress as it meant they were not able to provide the perfect service to which they aspire, but they did their very best under the circumstances, providing an adequate breakfast, water in the room for washing and candles at night.
The hotel really is stunning... gob smackingly so, actually! It is littered with antiquities and has the most incredible views I have ever seen. Our stay - despite the power problems - was magical and we have such fond memories of our two days. We were unable to charge our phones and George even offered to drive around in his car to charge them - this shows the quality of the service this gorgeous couple provide!
For both our two nights, George had arranged tables at two wonderful restaurants and we felt honoured to have experienced two very special gems, which we would not have done would it not be for George's recommendation.
We fell in love with the hotel, its wonderful hosts, and this beautiful island and will certainly return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani