We have just returned from a week in Santorini staying at Tsitouras in the House of Nureyev. We have just got married but we were also travelling with our adult children and this was a special occasion for our family. I have been to Santorini before but nothing prepared me of this amazing experience. From the minute we arrived we were told that we should regard this as our home and that we were there to relax and leave everything behind; this was exactly what happened. The location is amazing, Firostefani is still near Fira if you wish to walk there but the hotel is nicely tucked away from the crowds, with breathtaking views of the caldera. All rooms are amazing, full of art and history but I think everybody should try and book our room. The special thing about this hotel is the sense of history and art each room recreates, with artistic objects that you could easily spend hours admiring. The pool is good size and cool despite the strong summer sun and relaxing in it, watching the changing colours of the sea and sky is an experience we will never forget. Eleni and George have a careful, discreet presence, always smiling and advising us on the best Santorini has to offer, in terms of restaurants, beaches, places to visit. With their recommendation, we booked a sunset trip around the caldera which was absolutely amazing. We had the most amazing Greek breakfast every day served in the pool area at a time convenient to us. We also had light lunches around the pool a few times and the food was always carefully prepared and presented, made from fresh ingredients. This is a special place and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani