This place is extraordinary. This review will not do it justice, but I will try. Eleni (who owns and manages) and her staff are truly amazing. The property itself is beyond boutique, it is an art collection that you can stay in, which happens to be cut into the side of a cliff to boot! if the setting doesn’t make you feel like a movie star, Eleni and her staff will. We are talking service service service. For example every restaurant (and I mean every restaurant) we got Eleni to book, we knew which table was ours as soon as we walked in, it would, without doubt, be the best one in the restaurant with the reserved sign on it! Take note of Eleni’s recommendations she knows what things to do and which tours to book on.
Take the time to have Eleni show you round the property and explain the art collection, she is very passionate about it and it offers a visual and historical delight to behold. We were lucky enough to see two of the “villas” and both were spectacular, although entirely different.
I have special dietary requirements and this was not an issue at all. Eleni went out of her way to ensure I had special “stuff” for breakfast. I would recommend doing the private dinner upstairs by the pool, you can tell the chef really enjoys preparing and making it and the way they set it up is truly romantic.
We had a bit of an issue with our departing flights which meant we had to leave on our departure day super early in the morning, no problem, everyone came in early to prepare us breakfast and see us off.
In terms of location, besides the view, Firostefani is a much better place to stay in than in the town centre. You can easily walk to the town centre but you are out of the hussle and bustle. Also the restaurants in Firostefani ,we found to be just as good if not better than in Fira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani