“Locals eat there”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went there for lunch on the advice of a local. It is a basic taverna which has some views over the east of the island. We did not go upstairs but the views must be better from up there. The moussaka was very tasty and although the sauce was not béchamel, we enjoyed it a lot. The salads and meze were good. We did not eat any of the grilled meat but it was very popular and looked good as dishes passed our table.The waiter was great and so pleased we enjoyed the food. Good value and we liked it. Very clean loos.

There are newer reviews for Simos Taverna

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Walking past the restaurant, my wife and I were greeted by the waiter Vasilie. He was very warm and welcoming so we decided to try the food. There is a very nice local vibe to the restaurant. The waiters that were working were very nice and made sure we were enjoying our time. Vasilie brought out all the entrees which was great to see. The food was very tasty and they were good size portions. The restaurant cat 'Lily' walked around the restaurant and let you pat here every now and then. Great food, great prices and the service was fantastic. One of my favorite meals and restaurants on the island. Great to come here if you want something chilled out away from the hustle and bustle of town.

1  Thank Yby F
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us and it certainly did not disappoint. Great choice and lovely surroundings. All the starters are actually brought out to your table and the waiter has a long chat about each one which was decent. Although the food was excellent its the waiters that were a delight in this restaurant. Truly lovely people with true Greek charm. The owner kept asking me why I hadn't asked my girlfriend to marry me yet......its almost as if he knew I was going to propose to her later that night.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a delicious dinner here. Highlights were the black snapper (special) and the tomatoes stuffed with seafood. Everything cooked to perfection. Prices are WAY better than the restaurants with a view, and the food was the best we've had on the island.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Restaurant with charm, an jokeing waiter, the biggest and best tasting Mezze offer we ever ate.
Andreas and Eva