We went to Santorini and Dana Villas in July 2007. Like a lot of others who have written a review, I would like to warn everyone about all the stairs. We counted 200 stairs from the road to our room)
Our room (Room 127) was at the very bottom of the stairs. It was an excellent location. It was right next to the restaurant and right in front of the pool with outstanding views. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room. We mostly used it as a place to sleep. With all there is to do in Santorini, we didn't see any reason to have a marble foyer with a big fountain.
The room is about what you would expect from European hotels. As with a lot of European and Indian hotels, the air conditioning only comes on after you put your key into the slot. So, if you come back to your room in the evening, the room is really hot and takes a while to cool off. The bathroom (like most European bathrooms that I have experience with) was small. You're not supposed to flush the toilet paper in the bathrooms in Dana Villas. Instead, you are supposed to put the toilet paper in the little trash can. Out of my American habit, I accidentally flushed some toilet paper and nothing bad happened.
I read another review where someone complained about the rusty hot plate. Our hot plate was not rusty but, the big question in my mind was "why is there a hot plate at all?"
The pool was nice. The restaurant was expensive. The exchange rate was not good when we went to Greece (It cost $1.40 to buy a Euro in July 2007), We had dinner at the restaurant and our meal cost 87 Euro. (That was US$121!!!). We had a Saginaki appetizer. I had Pastitsio (pasta and hamburger meat) and 3 Coronas while my wife had shrimp and pasta and a Coke. The food was OK but, US$121???
The breakfast buffet was good and is included in the cost of your room so, get your fill at breakfast and eat somewhere else later on.
If you are looking to be pampered and stay in a luxury room, Dana Villas is NOT the place to go. If you just need a place to sleep, with excellent views
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dana Villas in Santorini ...Imagine a quiet setting, a beautiful view, and a traditional settlement cascading down the Santorini caldera .. and all this just a few minutes away from the bustling island capital, Fira. Dana Villas offers luxurious suites and an open air swimming pool on the dramatic Santorini caldera. Breathtaking views of the volcano and the magnificent Santorini sunset make it hard to part with the magic of Dana Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Bookgreece.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dana Villas Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dana Villas Hotel Firostefani
- Dana Villas Santorini
- Dana Villas Hotel & Suites Santorini/Firostefani