I went to Greece on a 3 week holiday last November, visiting Athens, Meteora and Santorini. During my stay I completely disconnected from the Internet, mobile phone, etc, which was a real pleasure. The only thing is that at times it was hard not to send news to my friends about the amazing wonderful travelling experience I was enjoying in Greece. Finally, when I arrived in Santorini the beauty of this magic island and the unbelievable high standards of the Dana Villas hotel where I stayed were so extraordinary that I just couldn't resist it anymore and had to write emails to my friends to tell them about it! Santorini and the Dana Villas were one of my very top experiences in 25 years of travelling as a professional tour manager in Europe and other continents.This is what I wrote:
Dear friends: I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying Greece so much that I just feel I don't want to go back home! The cultural interest of this country, its beauty, the personality of the Greek people and the impecable service I am meeting at restaurants, hotels, etc, are about the very best in Europe. I arrived fine to the Dana Vilas hotel in Santorini today. Please check this hotel on the internet and, if you can, do stay in it sometime. I am overwhelmed with the view from my room: it is perched on the volcanic circular bay, the Caldera. I think this is one of the most beautiful sights I,ve enjoyed in my life. Actually, this is being a bit too much after Meteora. I was sure I couldn't possibly expect more beauty or more marvels after that... but Santorini has blown up my mind right on arrival.: it offers about the most spectacular landscape I've ever seen, and certainly the Dana Villas is one of the top 10 hotels I have ever stayed at..
The hotel is really extraordinary, defenitely one of the 10 best ones I,ve ever been to, and you know I,ve been to many! The Dana Villas is a place to be highly recommended. Its location is about THE best in Santorini, with all rooms overlooking the spectacular volcanic Caldera. The rooms are like independent apartments hanging on the sea, with private terraces to enjoy the breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. And they are all beautifully designed and decorated in perfect good taste. All the details, the furniture, etc, aswell as the maintenance, are just perfect. It is comfortable as heaven, and of course spotless clean (everything looks like painted last week!) On the other hand, the welcoming, check-in, airport transfer, luggage assistance, etc were of such fine standards I was absolutelly impressed. Also, I was very lucky because I had booked a studio, bigger than a standard room, just wanting to be sure I got enough space...but the hotel staff, having the availability, was kind enough as to upgrade me to an incredible mini suite, which is actually bigger than my place in Barcelona! And not only big, but beautiful, cosy, comfortable, perfectly equiped, perfect temperature, nothing didn't work... it is simply luxurious comfortable rustic-Mediterranean! And apart from the incredible terrace with table, chairs, two sun-beds...the huge leaving-room, a charming fully equiped kitchen, a huge bathroom, an also huge bed-room and 20 closets all over the place... I have an extra bath room with a gigantic jakuzzi for like 4 or 5 people!!!
Finally, the Dana is private and relaxing, but at the same time within walking distance from Fira and Imerovigli villages, with their shops, restaurants and wonderful atmosphere. It is also possible to enjoy room-service with delicious Greek food from the local restaurants, at ridiculous prices!
I am just so delighted I chose the Dana Villas for my stay in Santorini. I feel in a complete state of happyness. Santorini is a natural jewell, and this hotel is just like heaven!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dana Villas in Santorini ...Imagine a quiet setting, a beautiful view, and a traditional settlement cascading down the Santorini caldera .. and all this just a few minutes away from the bustling island capital, Fira. Dana Villas offers luxurious suites and an open air swimming pool on the dramatic Santorini caldera. Breathtaking views of the volcano and the magnificent Santorini sunset make it hard to part with the magic of Dana Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com and Priceline so you can book your Dana Villas Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dana Villas Hotel Firostefani
- Dana Villas Santorini
- Dana Villas Hotel & Suites Santorini/Firostefani