It is set down the side of the cliff. Initially walking down, I wondered if I was heading in the right direction, but there are signs to show you the way just when you think you're lost (hint look at the floor as well as the walls). You can call someone to help you with your luggage, but if you don't have a phone it is ok to walk (walking up with luggage is a whole different ball game). About one third of the way down, someone did ask me if he could help me with my luggage, not sure which hotel he worked for (there are 2 or 3 down the same path, I didn't ask as I was ok to walk).
The staff are mega friendly (including the cat). When I arrived, the lady who worked at the kitchen gave me a welcome hamper with a small bottle of wine and fruit. I was totally not expecting it and I love it when they just go the extra mile for you.
I had a traditional room on the lowest level which was great for the view and peace and quiet. A bit of a walk back up, I had to rest at the reception each trip (great for working out the glutes tho! If you exercise regularly I don't think it will be a problem for you). When I left, a young man helped me with my luggage back up to the taxi waiting on the main road. He made it look like a walk in the park and he said my luggage was light at 14kgs.
There is a small food store just 2 mins down the path from the main walking pathway, Fira bus station is a 15 minute brisk walk .Found a nice spot just between Fira and Firostefani to watch the sunset, much better than watching it from Oia. The hotel is also a very nice spot, also much better than Oia. I was told by a few locals that Firostefani is the best place to watch the sunset but the area has been monopolised by hotels so there isn't really a spot you can just hang out at unless you stay at the hotel or drink/eat at the hotel restaurant (really expensive!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dana Villas in Santorini ...Imagine a quiet setting, a beautiful view, and a traditional settlement cascading down the Santorini caldera .. and all this just a few minutes away from the bustling island capital, Fira. Dana Villas offers luxurious suites and an open air swimming pool on the dramatic Santorini caldera. Breathtaking views of the volcano and the magnificent Santorini sunset make it hard to part with the magic of Dana Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dana Villas Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dana Villas Hotel Firostefani
- Dana Villas Santorini
- Dana Villas Hotel & Suites Santorini/Firostefani