“Best restaurant meal EVER!!”
Review of Pirouni

Pirouni
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here like most people, on the basis of the reviews and as it was just 10 steps from our hotel it was even more appealing. It didn't matter to us where we sat as we had gone for a late dinner and had already seen the sunset from our hotel. Now to get to the main point - the food :). We ordered Dakos as our appetiser and it lived up to the name, it was definitely appetising. But for me, my main course was the best meal I have EVER had. I ordered the Prawn spaghetti and it was PERFECT!! Spaghetti cooked perfectly, the sauce was excellent and the prawns were fresh and delicious. If you like seafood this is an absolute must have. My husband had the Kleftiko (lamb) - he thought it was cooked perfectly but he wasn't as ecstatic as me about my dish ;). At the end of the meal we got a complimentary dessert which was a great way to end the meal. Opinions concerning food are always subjective and personal but I would without hesitation recommend this restaurant to anyone. Bon appetit!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A very nice small restaurant. The owners were very kind and sympathetic. We had quite high expectations after reading the reviews on tripadvisor which were not fulfilled. The food was good but not exceptional. We didn't try the fish though.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Pirouni,enjoyed the fillet minyounge and leg of lamb,service was very good and friendly!!! We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We chose Pirouni after recommendations from friends and TripAdvisor. It was very popular even in the low season. We couldnt get a seat with a view and sat near the entrance. At first I was worried the atmosphere was lacking compared to other restaurants in the area but I neednt have worried, the food more than made up for it. After staters, I had a slow cooked leg of lamb with feta (cant remember the name of the dish) and it was the best dish I have had on santorini. It was a very healthy portion so my boyfriend had to finish it for me. Despite first appearances the waiter is not a grump - he was really good fun!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hunting for good quality souvlaki in Greece is tough. In fact traditional Greek food is hard to find. A lot of restaurants alter their recipes for tourists which made me sad on my trip to Greece- as some of the dishes in restaurants had been replaced with things like pizza and burgers. But not Pirouni- the food was outstanding and a modern take on traditional Greek food whilst still keeping the essence of Greek culture. I have Greek heritage- and so nice to eat food that I could actually taste quality and the flavours of Greece. The service was also amazing- the guy running the place is just brilliant.