“Good restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We've been twice to Pirouni to have dinner. Both occasions were very good. One of the best and attentive staffs I've experienced on Santorini.

Also great dishes for vegetarians, according to my girlfriend.

There are newer reviews for Pirouni

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been going around trying to find traditional home cooked food, I failed many times, one particular bad kleftiko experience was at 'mamma thira' which I highly advise you to stay away from.... However I found a great pleasurable experience at Pirouni, the moussaka was delicious with a great be shamed sauce, the dolma des were hot and juicy, the salad was dressed pin lovely vinegar, the bread was fluffy and fresh, with complimentary dips, the views were as you expect on the edge of a cliff looking out into theses. Overall the experience was refreshing....

Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we initially stumbled across Pirouni on our first night in Santorini, the owner Franco kindly informed us that he was full, and to come back at a later time. We were easy with this as we had only just arrived on the island for our honeymoon and were happily absorbing all of its magic and enjoying the romance of the early evening. So we went for a drink and strolled back later in the evening. I am so glad that we did!! It was most definitely worth the wait. I was lucky enough to start the meal by sipping a glass of champagne and watching the sun dip behind the horizon, the restaurant is in a fantastic location to offer this opportunity (an "I'll never forget this" moment for sure!)

Pirouni is small and intimate which I think is the key to why the food and service is so good. The feel is traditional greek, crisp white and hues of blue with hints of pistachio green, giving it a lovely fresh vibe. Anyway - the food! The bread served to us upon arrival was gorgeous, along with olive tapenade. For the main course my husband chose the fillet of beef with asparagus which was beautifully succulent, but my traditional prawn dish won the top prize hands down. Oh my word. The prawns were big, juicy and fleshy, served in the most amazing garlic and chilli sauce I have ever tasted. So good that (in true brit style, and losing all etiquette) I soaked up every last drop with the bread that we had left! It was just to good to leave. We were then given a lovely chocolate biscotti type sweet on the house which was delicious, and a sweet dessert wine to finish off!

After a wonderfully enchanting week on this stunning island we visited many restaurants, a lot of very nice ones too, but as the holiday drew to a close we decided to visit the Pirouni for one more meal on our final night. Not wanting to be a bore but I just had to have the prawns again! This time the mango variety with ginger and zucchini. I was not disappointed. For the starter I also wanted to end the holiday by trying something traditionally greek. Franco recommended the Fava so I took his advice. All I can say is it took everything in me not to lick the bowl clean. Superb. My husband tried the salmon and broccoli pasta dish which was heavenly also, so rich and creamy. My mouth is watering as I write this!

If you visit Santorini you would be mad not to try this restaurant. It is obvious that Franco and his wife and the chef all take a great pride in their work, and by golly it pays off. Excellent food, lovely wines, superb view, amazing experience. Well done Team Pirouni! We will be back!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We passed by this restaurant and I remembered that it had good reviews on TA. We stopped in and the gentleman (owner, I think) wanted to know if we had reservations. We said no and he looked a bit irritated and sat us at a table towards the entrance. Several other couples arrived after us without reservations and got the same response. He even told one couple, "This is the second time you have come with no reservation."
The food, however, was quite good. We ordered heavy appetizers. I usually prefer my dolmades cold and these were hot, but they were delicious, and so were the stuffed peppers and the baked spicy feta. I'm sure that the view from the sea-front tables is fabulous at sunset. I recommend this restaurant, but I suggest making reservations. One couple was about to get turned away and we offered them our table since we were done eating anyway.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We passed Pirouni on quite a few occasions walking from our hotel down to Fira. The restaurant is relatively small but that said offers a good and varied range of traditional Greek food. There were 4 of us dining and we all had different meals - all were of an excellent standard. We sat next to the entrance to the kitchen and our host was very attentive popping his head out of the kitchen door on numerous occasions to check all was OK with our food etc. I would definitely return to what was a very pleasant and friendly place to eat - hopefully we'll be back soon!