“Nice pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Cantuccio

Il Cantuccio
Ranked #16 of 17 Restaurants in Firostefani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Amsterdam
“Nice pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This small restaurant in Firostefani (northern part of Fira) is nice, they have really thin and good pizza here. It was not so easy to find, but worth the search. Friendly Italian staff and good prices.

• Greek first
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

It may not be the best idea to go an Italian restaurant in Greece, but anyway. This restaurant happened to be at the right place, at the right time, so we took our chance.

We ordered take away pizzas after a long day outside. The waiter took our order very fast and told we could come back in 15 mins. When we got there, our pizzas were ready and we could pay them right away, so the food was still hot when we went back to our hotel room.

The pizza was ok - not bad, not special, but did it's job. It was quite small, but nothing to complain. It was just ordinary.

The place itself seemed cozy and nice and the service was friendly. The price of those two pizzas was about 20 euros, so maybe a bit higher than average.

Ellsworth, Maine
“Way overpriced for food that did not appeal to me.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

While the interior is domed and very cosy, I was not impressed by the cuisine. Earlier that day I was in the center of Fira and paid very little for a piece of pizza with feta and vegetables. And this cheap little pizza was delicious! A Santorini citizen recommended this restaurant to treat 3 friends , including this friend and myself. The restaurant was very busy. I liked the way the interior was decorated but that was about it. Paying 16 euros for a very flat pizza that was not very tasty was not my idea of great cuisine. We also had something with truffles that was rolled in dough. I bought several different pizzas and none of them really suited my fancy. The bill came to 45 euros. To me, it was a waste of money and I would never return! Giving it C- is beyond generous.

Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely quaint setting - Fantastic Homemade Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant in Firostefani - I absolutely love Italian food - The service is fantastic and the food is awesome I had the vegetarian pizza - soooo tasty ! Other guests in my party had the salmon pasta which was also very delicious ! It is located on the main path in Firostefani and can get very busy so sometimes it is best to reserve a table, the only negative I can mention is it is not a caldera view ! If you like typical Italian food I recommend you visit Il Cantuccio.

Dublin, Ireland
“Traditional italian pizza - much welcome change of cuisine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had had our fill of Greek traditional food and looking for something different when we came across here on our walk through Firostefani. Made a very welcome change as I had craving for pizza. First night it was full so tried again another night. It seemed busy all of the time. No view, set down off the road with a little outside space and cosy interior. Without the view, they dont charge the premium view prices though! Very reasonable for santorini caldera side dining. Service was attentive, professional. We had 2 pizzas and they were delicious, authentic, tasty, italian traditional style. Drinks were also very reasonable price. Would have ate here again if staying longer in area.