“stunning decor and food!!!”

Mylos Bar Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 17 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: For a lovely lunch, our light a la cart menu offers a variety of tasty dishes and salads. And in the evening, if you really want to treat yourself to a fabulous gourmet dining experience, nothing compares to a candlelitdinner at Mylos gourmet restaurant in Santorini. If you are a vegetarian, Mylos Chefs' are always at your disposal to prepare delightful tastes for you. This is a place that ticks all the boxes: "stunning surroundings", "gorgeous atmosphere", "divine food" and "excellent service", guaranteed to please the most demanding gourmands and oenophiles alike.
Sydney, Australia
“stunning decor and food!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

great food, well cooked,modern greek cuisine!!! defiantly go at sunset!not busy at this time but get full attention by staff and the tables by the windows are amazing! def request the corner window table!!!!!the decor is new,funk and modern. really well priced aswell!! in Fira town!...quite easy to find(the "windmill roof")look for!

• Greek first
“Great food, crap atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I went here for lunch based on reviews and because it's very close to my hotel. All the best tables were taken so I occupied one that had my back to the view. This did not bother me because I didn't have a booking until time passed and noticed that all the pretty young things (for the record I'm not that old nor am I unattractive) were merely drinking water and coffee and smoking continuously with many of the windows facing the Aegean closed despite it being a perfect day with little wind! Despite not consuming they got to stay there while I sat towards the back wall. To add to the lack of atmosphere the waiter barely cracked a smile.

So why am I rating it a 3? Because the food and wine I ordered was very very good. I had the chicken salad which was served with an olive mousse and an assortment of mini bread rolls which were warm. I would go back for this as the chicken was perfectly cooked and the salad perfectly dressed. The wine was crisp and cold but served at the same time as my coffee rather than with my salad.

Not sure what they can do about the atmosphere or even if it's like this in the evenings for dinner. Maybe I went on the wrong day given other glowing reviews??? Nevertheless won't be hurrying back to this place when there are so many others.

Visited September 2013
MylosCafeBar, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Mylos Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us.
Since the tables with view were taken by the time you arrived, the waiter couldn’t put you to a different seat, because there were no available unfortunately.
Please note that we do not do discriminations according to the age or beauty of our guests or for any other reason.

We would like to thank you for your comments at our courses, and we are delighted to read that you find them tasteful.
We do hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Strombeek-Bever, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went for a drink but couldn't enjoy seat at the window with the caldear view. It was only for guests who would eat although it was already 22u30 and places were empty. We had our cocktail at the bar which was good but nothing special. If you want to go for cocktails than there are better places with view...

• Visited August 2013
MylosCafeBar, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Mylos Bar Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We would like to inform you that our tables were reserved for dinner and that is why our staff informed you to seat at the bar.
Other than that, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your cocktails.
We hope you had a pleasant time in Santorini and we wish you the very best!
London
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great find in Firostefani. Delicious food and wine. Tables inside are really handy if it's a windy evening as the large windows still enable you to have a beautiful view across the Caldera.

1 Thank tripreviewerLondon
Canberra, Australia
“Sensational view and food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have breakfast here one morning after a short stroll from our accommodation and were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful view from the restaurant. The waitress was friendly and helpful and welcoming. We ordered the fried eggs with Greek style bacon and it was yum and the eggs were cooked perfectly. The coffee was good and the freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious. Great atmosphere and overall a great little restaurant.