“Very Good first meal at Aktaion”
Review of Aktaion

Aktaion
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is also by a small parking area just off the Oia road, and has a sunset view of the caldera.
Toronto
“Very Good first meal at Aktaion”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We decided to try a late dinner at this restaurant, after watching the sunset from a neighbouring bar. The two very hard working waiters were charming and helpful. The interior is quaint, and typically Greek. Several outside tables have a great view over the sea and volcano. We tried two dishes: marinated chicken and marinated pork . Both were tasty. as was the salad for starter. The house wine was good, and the whole experience was excellent. The restaurant is situated a short walk north of Fira, in the square by the church.
Based on our pleasant experience we made a second visit a couple of days later. Unfortunately this second visit had a few issues. In fairness to the restaurant we will cover this in a separate review.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“we love you Ivan, oh yes we do”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

On our first visit, five years ago, we learned about this wonderful small place. This time, when we arrived (at 1 am) we strolled down to be sure it was still there. It is that special. We ate lunch here three out of four days. What more to say? It is adorable, it is authentic, it has been here for at least 90 years....it is most reasonably priced for some of the best food we have eaten here. One day I had phyllo filled with local cheese, yoghurt, almonds, in sweet tomato sauce. I said to Ivan (our dear server, each time; Colin Farrell look-alike!) "this is possibly the most delicious thing I have eaten." Each day, an after-meal drink "from the house"; on our last day, Ivan shared one with us and hugged us. Massas (hope that's right), Ivan! We sat at the very same table each time, we were made to feel special and welcome, it was perfect. Don't miss this.

• Visited May 2014
“Firostefani's Best Restaurant”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I was only in town four days but, after eating at marginal or worse restaurants, I finally ate here. It was so good for lunch that I came back for dinner.

Excellent customer service and very personable, even by the high Greek standards. The Greek salad was excellent for the lunch and the lamb was a little dry but I think the Greeks, like the Italians, prefer their meat overcooked. Although they don't do the same thank with their seafood, which is nice.

The desserts were very good as well. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

White Listed.

White Listed = I'll Go Back
Black Listed = I'll Never Go Back
Gray Listed = 1 More Chance

Montreal, Canada
“Charming and great food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a good restaurant with decent prices and that's exactly what we got. At first we saw many others restaurants with spectacular view, but their prices also included the view. We opted for that restaurant and the food was so good and you could still enjoy a little bit of the view seating outside.

Visited May 2014
Singapore
“Traditional food..warm service & great sunset view”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Again our hotel told us this is a traditional santorini restaurant and we could give it a try.  I have to say this place has a great view!! although it is best known for its traditional food. on the day itself I booked a table for 3. when I arrived..they have already reserved a table at the front porch(courtyard) with direct view of the caldera/ sunset. this is as good as the Oia sunset dinner (read our reviews on Kastro restaurant in Oia) and a much quieter dinner with great food.
starters: we had the santorini salad with local choloro cheese. it is ok nothing to rave abt. we could have ordered something else I guess.
mains: we tried the garlicky santorini pasta with santorini capers. it was really yummy. we and our kid finished off the plate. then we had the moussaka which was piping hot and creamy. and the grilled pork fillets with rice.
we wished we had more space to try the fish or something..but we were too full after these. bill was abt 45euros for us 2 adults n 1 child..
highly recommend this restaurant if u r in firostefani area (or if u r taking a walk from fira to firostefani -15min walk uphill along the caldera footpath) warm and friendly service...they didn't rush us into ordering and took time to explain the menu.