PLEASE DONT LOOK ANY FURTHER - BOOK THIS HOTEL!!
I spent months searching for the perfect hotel to stay in for a surprise holiday for my fiancee's 40th birthday. I was looking for something very specific to make it really special and one to remember. We holiday quite a bit, and have experienced everything from cheap European self catering holidays to 5 star long-haul all inclusives.
My fiancee had mentioned picturesque Greece quite a bit and with his love of sunsets I decided
to look at spending the week in Santorini.
I had quite a specific list of requirements that the hotel needed to have, which were:-
- Typically Greek (white and blues, cave style)
- Had beautiful views of the sunsets,
- Was near to the city centre and hustle and bustle of Fira, without actually being in it
- A special premium boutique feel
- A swimming pool
- A private balcony area
- Served breakfast (either on the balcony or pool area)
- A self catering kitchenette (so that we could make our own lunches or have a few balcony nights)
Ikastikies had it all!! I booked the Rosaki apartments the minute I saw it online. The other 3 rooms were fully booked, and i didn't want to loose out.
We were looked after the minute we stepped off the plane - George the hotel owner was there to pick us up from the airport with a welcoming smile, taking our luggage and driving us in air conditioned style to the hotel. On the way he showed us sights and important landmarks and told us some history of the island and it's residents. He also told us that as they'd had a cancellation and so they were upgrading us to the Rosa Apartment!! Result!!!
On arrival at the hotel we again weren't allowed to lift a finger, the bags were taken to our rooms, and we were treated to wine and fruits, so that we could watch the sun set from our perfectly situated terrace. Basically you have a panoramic and un-interupted view of the stunning sunsets which were truly breath taking.
Throughout our stay George and Albert were amazing! They're attentiveness never wavered. They surprised us with a delicious freshly made birthday cake one morning, and went out of their way to do everything and anything they could for us, from serving us fresh locally sourced produce for breakfast at the swimming pool, to involving us in the Easter celebrations - giving us beautifully decorated candles and telling us all about the local festivities. They were always on site and their door was always open to us for suggesting the best restaurants to go to in and around the area! Nothing was wrong with our appartment - it was perfect, but had there have been they would have sorted it in a flash.
We had the holiday of a lifetime here, and the only down side is that we will be hard pressed to beat that now. We will definitely be returning as soon as we can, I cannot stress enough that your search for hotel MUST end here! Book now!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ikastikies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikastikies Hotel Firostefani
- Ikastikies Santorini/Firostefani