“The best in Santorini”

Ikastikies
Seattle, WA
“The best in Santorini”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I could easily said that this is the best in Santorini!
The service is very personal. Staffs are very friendly, helpful, and gave recommendations about place to visit and eat. The place has the best view you could imagine. I actually prefer staying at Ikastikies Suites vs hotels in Oia.

When we arrived we found out that we needed to stay one more night cuz the boat out was full, the staff help us find another hotel in Oia area as we request and even drive our luggage there for us.

My friend and I stay in the biggest room with a private swimming pool and it was like heaven! The place is clean, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with Jacuzzi, kitchen, living room, big patio etc. It's VERY romantic and I wished I traveled with a lover instead of a friend. I prefer this type of service over a big hotel. TripAdvisor helped me made decision cuz I read it and this one has very high rate despite not the highest in price.

Room Tip: Obviously the biggest room is the best but it;s for upto 4-5 people. Other rooms are all nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Vadodara, India
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The location was the best we have stayed so far any place in the world. And the hospitality of giorgos was like icing on the cake.we really had great time.Fira walk was amazing.we could view the perfect sunset from our rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently returned to Santorini with my husband after 32 years. We were lucky enough to stay at the beautiful Ikastikies boutique hotel. Well what an experience!! We were thoroughly spoilt by the lovely George who bent over backwards to ensure that our stay was truly memorable. I can honestly say it was one of the best stays of my life and believe me I have stayed in many places all over the world. So when I am feeling down or a little bit blue I just think back to my glorious time on the beautiful Santorini and all is good again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

A perfect place to stay....the walk into Fira provides stunning picture opportunities, we loved the fact that we were there in the off season as Fira would be crazy in peak season. Thankyou Giorgos for our special stay at IKASTIKIES .....loved the upgrade.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have been visiting Santorini for the 8th time this year. I saw IKASTIKIES from the outside 3 years ago for the first time, when I was in Santorini/Firostefani and tought it would be a dream to stay once in this hotel. And the dream came through beginning of June, when I stayed 1 week together with my brother and his wife at IKASTIKIES at Spilia Suite (offering 2 bedrooms, 2 bothrooms and a private balcony with pool and an excellent view), which was a perfect choice. I still have the picture of the view in my mind, as I was touched by it so much. It is the nicest place I have ever stayed at. We especillay liked the quietness/privacy, as this place offers only 4 suites in total.

It was a perfect service from the beginning on, when we were personally picked up by Giorgos at the airport and had a nice, interesting drive to Firostefani (only about 15 min.), from where he helped as with the luggage to bring to our suite, where we got offered a glass of wine on the balcony to start with and to watch the beautiful red sky short after sunset. What would you like more to get your holidays started with?

In short: Kindest hosts you can think of, very clean, elegant and spacious suite, excellent breakfast (served to your room or balcony), top service and a big private balcony with the best view from the island for the sunset.

Also the place Firostefani is perfect to stay at in Santorini, as it is a short walk (approx. 15 min.) to Thira (main city) and Immerovigli (beautiful village), has a bus stop close to the hotel and offers various excellent restaurants (especially Aktaion) and shops where you get everything you'll need.

I really can recommend you to book IKASTIKIES, you won't be disappointed.

Giorgos, Nancy & Sophie thanks again for treating us, as we would belong to the family and for the unforgettable time! We'll be back for sure :-))

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Santolady
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We travelled to Santorini in April 2012, and spent 4 nights at Ikastikies Suites. Before travelling, and having not visited the island before, we spent a long time looking at places to stay. We wanted to find a small boutique hotel with a luxurious feel and good views of the sunset. If only we hadn’t spent so long looking! – Ikastikies suites is the perfect place.
It has excellent reviews and very well worthy of them. We stayed in the Ostria Suite, one of four private suites at Ikastikies, which is a family run hotel. This provided us with our own balcony overlooking the caldera and breathtaking sunsets – arguably the best views on this beautiful and dramatic island.

Ikastikies is a 10 minute walk from Theira (Fira) centre, making it near enough to the centre to walk for dinner, but far away enough to escape from it all. The hotel has a swimming pool for use by all 4 suites, but two of the suites also have their own pool meaning that the communal pool is essentially for the use of two suites only. Ostria has a Jacuzzi bath and bathroom in the traditional ‘cave’ room style. Breakfast is fresh, home-made and delicious, delivered to the room every morning and WiFi is free with good signal strength.

George and his sister Nancy went out of their way to ensure that our stay was care free and relaxing. We truly felt like members of the family and their attention to detail and fantastic hospitality helped to make our engagement (which took place on the balcony at their hotel, overlooking the sea at sunset) the most wonderful experience.

We will definitely be returning. George and Nancy, thank you so much for making our holiday perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SophiaAndy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We will be hard-pressed to duplicate another vacation that can compare to our 5 nights at Ikastikies.Our stay was beyond enjoyable! Being constant business travelers my partner and I are always searching for that perfect place to spend quality time together, and we certainly found it.What a pleasure it was to have a room with spectacular views to wake up to.George and his staff make you feel more like treasured friends rather than just hotel guests.Our whole experience from start to finish was out of this world.Many thanks Ikastikies!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Roza Suite which was divine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SK3070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#3 of 80 in Fira
Enigma Apartments & Suites

Been to Ikastikies? Share your experiences!