“Nothing Special - very mediocre!”

Ginger Sushi Lounge
Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nothing Special - very mediocre!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I came here based off of everyone's positive reviews and was very disappointed. We got the chef's special (usually a bad idea in the states but I hoped it would be better) and it was just 5 very generic fish - of various freshness quality. Salmon and squid good, tuna tasted old, hamachi was tiny, and grouper was blehhhhh. The beef on the lava rock was just bland meat with teriyaki sauce - you could tell the beef wasn't the highest quality and I've had much better at the chain Gyu Kaku. Given all that blandness, the food was heavily overpriced too! We left hungry and ate some more elsewhere in Santorini.

I love sushi (frequent Californian sushi eater) and wouldn't even consider myself an expert but there was nothing special about this Sushi joint. I had to rate lower so fellow foodies can beware - it's overrated by people who probably grew up eating convenience store sushi or something.

The only winning point was that the staff was super friendly and cute cats run around.

• Visited April 2012

• Greek first
Miami, Florida, United States
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

After eating Greek food for a week, needed a familiar break. However, if we had any more time left to spend in Santorini, probably would have spent it eating at Ginger. Delicious food, in a romantic atmosphere with friendly service. Unique dishes like eggplant tempura sushi and beef that comes cooking on volcano rocks! If you are in Santorini, you must eat at Ginger, you will not regret it!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Kelly S
Auckland
“Really tasty and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our hotel was near this restaurant and we'd walked past it a couple of times. It was really pretty but I have to admit I kept thinking 'Sushi in Greece, I'm not so sure'.

I love Sushi but I always stick to local foods when travelling. However, I could not resist any more and we decided to go in. I am sooooo glad I did. Everything was incredibly tasty and very fresh.

I ordered way too much but ate it all anyway, too good to waste. My partner doesn't really like fish so ordered a chicken dish that he thoroughly enjoyed and ended up helping me out with my full platter and now loves sushi!

The atmosphere was really romantic. The staff were really sweet and we ended up with some free drinks!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank JamesStapes
New york
“Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I live in New York and eat sushi two times per week.Nothing that I ve ever tried can top Ginger Suship Lounge.Fresh and tasty. Just try it.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank Stefan G
athens
“JUST TRY IT...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I ve been to Santorini with my friends for five days...the three of them we spent them in Ginger,eating one of the best sushi we ever had and not only!!!The staff was really friendly with us,the food really tastefull and fresh(worth of money)and the atmosphere pleasant and relaxing..You should try it...Thank you guys!See you in few months!

• Visited September 2011