“Beautiful room and an unbelievable view!”

Lithies Traditional Homes
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely time staying at Lithies, I couldn't get over the view and it was it in quiet area away from all the tourists. The home was stunning and had everything we needed and more. Anita was a fantastic host and made us feel at home straight away! The breakfast was also incredible.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ashrhian

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at lithies for a heavenly seven nights. Santorini is a beautiful island and lithies is perfectly positioned. Maria the manageress works so hard keeping the rooms and facilities spotlessly clean and ensuring your every need is met. She welcomed us from the taxi on arrival and hugged us goodbye on our departure we felt we had made a friend and long to return very soon.

Room Tip: All lovely rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geminicat-67
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a fantastic stay in Lithies early June. I stayed in the "smallest" house, Eros, as a solo traveller. It's a traditional cave house, large and airy, big lounge, bedroom and lovely bathroom with a jacucci bath, great shower and a big comfy bed with masses of pillows! Loads of lovely soft towels, bathrobe, shower gels, pool towels all provided. The kitchenette is well stocked with utencils should you choose to use them, I didn't really use it apart from making coffee and tea. There is loads of space provided for each house outside, dining table and sun loungers, however as I was the only one staying I had the whole place to myself !! For me, Eros house was well situated as it gets lovely evening sunshine from its patio area with fantastic views. That said all the houses have great patio facillities and views. It was also great to have a pool to jump into after a long hot day sightseeing and cool off. There are supermarkets and restaurants close by, a few minutes walk away. And then there is the lovely Maria, who is such a great hostess and looked after me so well, providing information, directions, recommendations and great conversation throughout my stay. Thank you Maria for everything. All in all a wonderfull stay and I would highly recommend Lithies.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but as a solo traveller Eros is perfect
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank irenedunne07
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having experienced a long wet winter in the Netherlands, this accomodation made everything better. I stayed in the Dione house with some friends and upon arrival we were blown away with the beautifully decorated appartment with its fantastic view, and even better, the sunsets you get to experience every night while enjoying a glass of wine. The rooms are spacious, air-conditioned and offer everything one needs during a vacation. Breakfast is fantastic with a whole range of choices to choose from everyday. But to top it off, Maria, the manager of this accomodation, is the most welcoming and helpful person I have ever met. With my luggage staying behind in Amsterdam, Maria went out of her way to assist in any manner possible, even driving to the Santorini airport to see how she can assist to get my luggage back. Furthermore, she knows so much about the island and can recommend some really fantastic places to visit and restaurants to eat out at, and they are all really good!! I cannot think of one negative thing to say about Lithies. My friends and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed our stay. This is definitely a place that I plan to come back to! Thanks to Lithies and Maria for the super hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Netsrike E
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

After a very long and wet winter in London, I was so looking forward to this holiday. The pictures of the Dione apartment looked amazing. When I arrived I realised that the pictures could not capture the beauty of that place. The apartment is very spacious, bright and very nicely decorated. The best part of course is the big terrace overlooking the caldera. Waking up in the morning and having breakfast with this view was just awesome. My favourite time was at around 8:30pm. Enjoying a glass of chilled white looking at the sunset was just pure bliss.
The place is run and managed by Maria. At this point I must say that Maria is probably one of the most caring and charismatic individuals I have seen in the tourist industry. She treated us like friends and not like hotel guests. She was extremely helpful throughout our trip. My friend's luggage was delayed by a day (due to a problem at the departure airport) and Maria looked into it trying to get as much information for us as possible. She even went to the airport herself during her break in order to find out about the status of my friends luggage. Being a local always helps!
I would totally recommend this place if you plan to visit Santorini. The location is perfect as its just 10 minutes walk from the centre and at the same time very quiet and private. I was so gutted on my last day but I'm definitely going back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Clinphys
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having planned an extended trip around Europe we knew 7 days at Santorini on the way home to Australia would be the perfect way to unwind.After months and months of research before we left, Lithies was exactly what we were looking for ,traditional accommodation ( cave house ) not a hotel room .I am now a bit reluctant to elaborate on just how amazingly perfect Lithies actually is . I fear if we let the best kept secret in Greece out we may never get the opportunity to stay there again.
We were welcomed on arrival at 8pm by the delightful Maria ,as we were to later learn Maria always arrives with a huge genuine smile and a tray of either drinks , snacks , one of her superb breakfasts or just some very helpful advice.It was like staying in the guest house of a favourite relative ,she spoilt and doted on us the entire time.The ( small and intimate ) complex is kept immaculate by Maria and Anna at all times and nothing is ever a problem .We stayed in the Eros house ,the smallest of the 4 homes ,it is perfect for 2 people much bigger than a hotel room but small enough to be cosy and beautifully decorated.All 4 houses have their own outdoor sitting areas (great for one of Marias perfect breakfast's) The plunge pool is located right outside your door with enough sun lounges for all guests down just one step on a sensational viewing / sun deck. .The views from Lithies are some of the best in Santorini .As i said i am very reluctant to share this amazing place with you all ,but owe it to the owner ( Anita ) and the ever helpful and absolutely perfect hostess Maria to let you all know that "heaven on earth " does exist at Lthies Traditional Homes "
Tracey & Brian
Newcastle
Australia

Room Tip: We had the opportunity to have a look in all rooms and all are amazing with the only difference the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Brian W
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lithies Traditional Homes was the ultimate, perfect choice to stay for our family of 5! After a great deal of research on hotels and villas in Santorini, Lithies seemed outstanding, and it truly was! All the villas are beautifully decorated and kept in pristine condition. We stayed in Zephyr, superbly comfortable with a gorgeous main bathroom. The cozy pool right by the villa was perfect, and breakfast on the terrace was heavenly. The location in Firostefani, on the caldera, is an easy walk to Fira, which suits our family that enjoys exploring restaurants/town but also some quiet serene time. The views are stunning - no need to go anywhere else for the sunset! To top it all, we felt so well cared for by the manager Maria, who arranged pick up/drop off, prepared our breakfasts and snacks/drinks at sunset, and advised us on various outings and restaurants. We would have loved to stay longer - and definitely hope to return soon!

Room Tip: All are wonderful and just depend on the size of your party.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family