We recently returned from a trip with our two sons (3 and 4) on Milos. We stayed at Santa Maria Village in the Moonstone Suite for four nights. It was fantastic!
The hotel is located on the outskirts of Adamas - probably a good 15 - 20 minute walk or a two minute car ride from town. We rented a car because we wanted to be able to easily visit beaches, town, etc. This ended up being important because there were times that a car was necessary. For example, there's no food served on the property, other than breakfast. To have to walk into town every time you want something wouldn't have been convenient. It also allowed us to visit some of the other towns on the island - Plaka at sunset is a must!
The Moonstone Suite was a two bedroom suite with one bathroom, a spacious dining room, living room, kitchen, and garden floor patio with a table and chairs. We looked right out onto the pool and also had a view of the ocean. The room was spotlessly clean, updated, and so convenient. While our kids were napping in the afternoon, we could sit ten steps away at the pool and check on them frequently and easily.
The breakfasts were outstanding - fresh yogurt, honey, local fruits and cheese, juice, breads, eggs, etc. They have a beautiful patio just outside the reception where we ate each morning. It was lovely.
Overall, I found this hotel very quiet (yet there were probably 5 or 6 kids staying there while we were there and it was still quiet), relaxing, clean, and well-located. The only SLIGHT downside was that it would've been nice if you could order something to eat for lunch rather than going into town. We solved this by ordering larger dinners each night and bringing home the leftovers to keep in the fridge, which provided lunch the following day.
I would recommend Santa Maria Village to couples, families, and single travelers. I enjoyed it very much, as did my kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Adamas, the port town of Milos, Santa Maria Village is conveniently located just 300 meters from Papikinos beach, and a short walk from Adamas's many restaurants, cafeterias and shops. This combination of privacy on one hand, and proximity to the beach and to the bulk of the island's facilities on the other. Santa Maria Village consists of seven buildings of traditional architecture endowed with modern facilities. The hotel offers bungalows, suites and maisonettes, each featuring a view of our plush garden, the pool, or the sea. The Village is spread over an area of 12,000 square metres. The many trees and vegetation in our well-kept garden provide a real sense of relaxation and privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Maria Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Village Adhamas
- Santa Maria Village Milos, Greece