I wish tht the owner had arranged beforehand to pick us up at the ferry, as we paid 7 euros for a taxi to travel a very short distance.
We had a pleasant upstairs room with good views over the pool, countryside and sea, but it was like a wind tunnel and we had to keep the doors closed all the time (and the aircon on) to avoid loud banging doors. Most of the hotel grounds felt rather 'raw' and new - more trees around the pool would have softened the surroundings and provided much needed shade. The pool was good and the breakfast (outside in a pleasant tree-shaded courtyard) was good. The distance to Adamas centre was further than expected - a good 15 minute walk.
However, the thing that spoilt the whole 5 day visit for us was the behaviour of the poolside bar attendant, Dimitra. The first afternoon I asked for a cup of tea - not possible. I had to go to reception and a cup of tea was eventually brought. Next morning down to the pool and I asked for coffee - again not possible. Again I had to go to reception, where I was told that the girl was new and hadn't yet been trained to heat the water! I went back to the poolside where Dimitra and her 5 young boy friends had very loudly taken over the pool and jacuzzi. Dimitra was kissing and cuddling and jacuzzying with no concern for the guests at all. When I expressed my disapproval, one of her boy friends told me that this was how things were run in Greece. We ended up clearing our own cups and saucers from the small table and taking them back to the bar. I was tempted to go and complain about the situation, but I didn't want to spoil my holiday by creating an atmosphere whenever I went to the poolside.
I am amazed that, if she was new, no-one was supervising her at all. Her unchecked behaviour indicates a lack of good management. It completely coloured our view of the hotel and means that we would never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Adamas, the port town of Milos, Santa Maria Village is conveniently located just 300 meters from Papikinos beach, and a short walk from Adamas's many restaurants, cafeterias and shops. This combination of privacy on one hand, and proximity to the beach and to the bulk of the island's facilities on the other. Santa Maria Village consists of seven buildings of traditional architecture endowed with modern facilities. The hotel offers bungalows, suites and maisonettes, each featuring a view of our plush garden, the pool, or the sea. The Village is spread over an area of 12,000 square metres. The many trees and vegetation in our well-kept garden provide a real sense of relaxation and privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Maria Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Village Adhamas
- Santa Maria Village Milos, Greece