All reviews noisy at night great hotel large shared balcony shelf space beach bag fresh fruit hotel is perfectly situated amazing breakfast short drive comfortable hotel greek breakfast ferry terminal i highly recommend this hotel provide beach towels the wi fi star hotel decent size
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located close to the port, Hotel Portiani has fine views across the harbour and huge bay. There are two beaches quite close by, and the hotel provides beach towels. Our room (207) had an excellent shower, very comfortable bed, good wifi, and a small private balcony to the rear with a large shared balcony to the front. Toiletries and towels are in generous supply, and our room was spotlessly clean. The breakfast is superb, with lots of choice and eggs on request. The staff are all very friendly, very welcoming and very helpful.

Room Tip: Book a sea-view room with shared terrace
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So long as you accept that in many Greek hotels there may be issues (like the fact our bathroom door wouldn’t close - it has probably been like that for years) then this place deserves a good review. In any case we’ve been visiting Greece for many many years and believe us, it used to be much much worse!

The hotel in a perfect location right by the main area of bus/taxi/bar/ restaurant. There IS some noise at the front (where you have a great view of the harbour) BUT at night if you close the shutters and the decent (new) double glazed patio doors then you can’t hear it at all. PS the air conditioning in our room was rather noisy.

It’s 5 mins to the little beach beyond the ferry terminal and 15 mins to the one further down towards the airport.

The room itself was of a decent size, though in common with many Greek hotels there isn’t much shelf space for your unpacked clothes. The bathroom (clean) was tiny but the shower was good. Housekeeping did a great job as the room was always clean with fresh towels and facecloths every day. You could even request beach towels which is great! The bed was of average comfort.

The team running the hotel appear to be all females whom we found to be friendly and helpful.

The Wi-Fi is fantastic. Up to the mark, definitely.

The hotel isn’t particularly startling from the outside, but inside it has a traditional look based on ships, sailing ships and the sea. It’s very effective.

The traditional breakfast was very varied, with lots of local temptations including good quality fresh fruit and a very nice lady to make omelettes, squeeze fresh orange juice and generally help you get what you need. It’s the best breakfast we’ve had in many a year in Greece and definitely helps differentiate the hotel.

In conclusion, although we did have a couple of gripes - especially the non-closing bathroom door - there was nothing that would stop us from recommending a rating of excellent and an indication that should we revisit this pretty island (which we might) we would simply book into the same hotel.

Price wise it’s on the mark for this sort of island hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018

The location of this hotel couldn't be any better, the bus station is just downstairs, the port is less than 2 mins stroll, and there is a parking really close. Stuff is very friendly, helpful and nice. Beach towels are provided daily with a bag and even a small cooler for your water bottles that was offered to us as a souvenir (how cool is that!!). Breakfast is very rich with lots of fruits and home baked sweets.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

To everyone that wants to visit Milos I highly recommend to stay at this hotel, it’s run by a great bunch of lady’s you don’t feel like a guest you like part of the family they can not do enough for you organising tours tell you interesting place to visit where to eat local dopio food there amazing people . Example I left my international license on another island they rang the company and ask if they had found it and can they courier it to the hotel or to my next destination .
The buffet breakfast was plentiful they ask you if you wanted freshly squeezed juice or Greek coffee everyone said hello to each other and would sit an have a conversation about your day and what your plans are and how to help.
The rooms where big and very clean I can’t believe it’s only a two star rating fresh towels everyday and also fresh beach towels everyday how amazing is that I’ve been to a lot of hotel and most charge you for beach towels not portiani hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone I know I will be visiting again soon

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christos066
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

So... I really don’t know where to start with this review. It’s long overdue partially for good reason but also because I just cannot find words. So let’s start with the beginning of our arrival to Milos and hotel Portiani. My husband and I came to Greece for our One Year Wedding Anniversary after talking about it for years. Milos was our last island to visit. Portiani is walking distance from the port which was great along with shops and restaurants. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted and escorted to our room. We were shocked coming into this hotel knowing it was a 2-Star because a hotel with the same rating in the US is not one you’d typically want to stay in. But this hotel was so sweet and had so much personality. We got settled in and began leaving for our first day in Milos when we decided to follow our noses into the kitchen where we found the same lady that checked us in, Euhtimia, cooking breakfast for the next day! She was so kind and gave us a sample of what we could expect for the mornings to come as they do all of the cooking themselves. It was DELICIOUS. And the full spread over the next few mornings did NOT disappoint! And even though the staff had already shown wonderful hospitality nothing prepared us for what came on our last day on Milos. My husband and I decided to rent our ATV for one last day to access more sights and I ended up flipping the ATV with us on it. To say it was the scariest thing we’ve ever been through is putting it lightly. Being in a foreign country with no idea what to expect when you’ve never been in this position before was insane. The ATV landed on me and shattered my heel. When I had to take an ambulance to the island clinic where no doctor was working due to it being a holiday, our travel agent contacted the hotel to try and help us because we were supposed to leave the next day. Euhtimia brought her sister to the clinic to visit me several times, even going back to her home to make me soup to put something on my stomach. They sat with me while my husband went to figure out how to get the ATV back and pack up our room. Euhtimia literally held my hand for an hour while I was howling in pain. The owner, Katerina, also came by with fresh cheese sandwiches, fruit, and drinks packed for us. Katerina even walked our bags over from the hotel to the Port with another persons assistance while my husband and I were being transported by ambulance. We were literally baffled. Again, all of this being things you wouldn’t see happen in the US. So, after having an AMAZING time in Milos our last 24 hours there were a nightmare. Our only light in that hard time were these wonderful women and all of the other people that came to our aid and showed true humanity in our time of need. The only words I have are, THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple