“Terrible service”
Review of Kynigos

Kynigos
Ranked #26 of 34 Restaurants in Adamas
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Restaurant is at the port
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had returned our car as we were leaving the next morning and so we had to eat somewhere near to the car rental company. Bad choice. We ordered two starters - they were okay and arrived with not too long to wait (we realised we'd not be able to finish our main if we ate everything and asked if we could have a doggie back for the cheese pies, as they were larger than anticipated. but we then decided we'd both have something simple like Chicken Souvlaki, so we ordered two. After a long wait my husband's came. We thought mine must be coming but eventually, I had to call the waiter - he said he hadn't heard us say two. No apology but went off. We waited, I told my husband to start - he'd finished his meal and we saw couples who'd arrived after us - getting their food but still mine didn't arrive. I called the waiter again and asked if mine was coming. He didn't say anything but rushed off - I think he'd thought okay, mine wasn't ordered and that I didn't want anything now. When it finally arrived, I really wasn't that hungry any more, it's not very nice eating on your own! I said to him again, you know we did order two and he said 'sorry, I only heard one'. A rather half-hearted apology and nothing off the bill. Surely, when you take the order and you think you hear one chicken souvlaki that you would query with the other customer whether they wanted a main meal too? By the way - neither of us thought that much of the souvlaki any way. Not a very nice way to end our last night on such a lovely island. Wish we'd gone to Lydia's or O Hamos again. We went somewhere else to have a lovely dessert and good coffee.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (312)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The worst Greek food I have ever had in my life. And as a Greek I definitely know what good Greek food is. Stifado (somehow the color of it was black!!!) has to be with a small onions and not with big ones. This is basic principals and not a mammys secret. Pitarakia fried with very bad and over cooked- burned out oil. Didn’t finish a single plate from our order. Terrible service from an old guy who doesn’t know what is going on at his restaurant. Not enough cold beers. Bad bad bad :(

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Went here for lunch and it was great. Ordered the moussaka and it was yummy. For dessert they brought out a complimentary plate of watermelon which was refreshing and perfect way to end the meal. The fried cheese was delicious.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

This is a restaurant our hotel clerk recommended.
The food was very good and service efficient.
I had the meatballs and my wife had a grilled pork chop.
I recommend this restaurant if you are in Milos and would go again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Food was terrible, you could tell by looking at the salad and tzatziki they served us which were taken out right from the fridge with the plates. The plates were frozen as if they were placed in the fridge or freezer with the food already decorated inside for about 2-3 days.

Then the chicken souvlaki comes which was 100% reheated in the microwave (we even heard the beep noise coming from the kitchen). We did not eat it at all, cut only a piece which was enough to realize that it was not defrosted completely and was badly cooked. Even the chips, cucumber and tomatoes served as a side were not fresh at all, were all dried out as if they were cut some days ago.

The top thing happened though was not the terrible food which insults Greece, was the owner’s behavior (Eleni). We complained about the chicken souvlaki to the waitress, who went inside for a moment and returned to say that Ms. Eleni responded - quoting her words- “you should come inside and check whether everything is fresh or not”. She did not bother at all to come outside to talk to us.
This was so rude and unprofessional. I responded that we just want to pay and leave.

To our surprise, the chicken souvlaki was excluded from the bill meaning that they know how bad their food is or that they wanted to avoid a bad review like this one which unfortunately cannot happen.

I recommend that you skip this place and visit nearby restaurants which serve decent and tasty food, such as Marianna or Floisvos.