“Good deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 31 Adamas B&B and Inns
Chania
“Good deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I planned my vacations at Milos island late, so I had few choices for accomodation in August. I decided to go with the cheapest hotel I could find. I chose Delfini hotel, and it seems as if I had made the best choice!

First off, the service was excellent: We arrived very late at night, at 2am due to ship delay. However, the receptionist was waiting for us, welcomed us and gave us our keys along with a bottle of water (I believe tap water is not good on the island). Every day we had new sheets and a clean room.

The hotel is a little bit old, built in the 70's, but obviously it is maintained well by its owner. Our room was clean, had TV, A/C, fridge, a very nice balcony and a comfortable matress. The only disadvantage I could find was that the bathroom had no window or ventilation. We had to leave the door open to demoist it, but the Meltemia (northernly winds) did it quickly. I can't comment on the breakfast because we didn't try it, but the breakfast place was nice.

Location was excellent, you could walk to the port within 2 minutes! Of course you need a car to enjoy your stay in the island, but it is good to stay in Adhamas because it is at the center of the island. Parking is easy outside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eyegr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My boyfriend and i spent there some days the last holiday. We found it by reading lonely planet. I love that place, it is very quiet, clean, cheap, in a great position (near restaurants, bar and shops, but far from noise). In front of the hotel there is a bay where you can always find the see very calm even if the wind blows over the island. I hope to come back to hotel delfini in few years, I do suggest it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna R
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We spent at this hotel 4 days. We were welcomed warm smile and it was a sign that a well-we chose hotel:). It is perfectly situated close to everywhere, but the area is not noisy. In the evenings you can go quietly revel in the taverns with food and then after a short walk back to your room:). A revelation to me.! Rooms very nice, clean, from the balcony I could enjoy the sea:) The atmosphere in the hotel is wonderful and the people who work there are great, nice and extremely friendly. It can not be better from this place warmly thank them! Is also close to the beach, but if you spend a few days Milos I recommend to go to Sarakiniko-there's no better place to swim in the otherworldly atmosphere. For sure I will return to Milos and with great pleasure to once again be staying at the hotel Delfini.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank voyager81_10
Karlshamn, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

The hotel owners Mathioudakis family is the best hosts you can find, friendly and helpful.
The hotel is situated close to the beach and just a two minutes walk to the port and town.
The rooms are simple but clean and I believe all rooms have separate balconys and aircondition. Wifi in the lobby only.
We stayed at the hotel for seven days and decided to return to this hotel for two more after a visit to Sifnos. When we returned it felt like coming home and we got a warm welcome back.
I definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rille59
winchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Although this hotel's view of the beach is obscured by another slightly posher hotel that matters little because the beach is so close anyway. The room are comfortable but some of thiose on the ground floor (no 4) should be avoided if possible. NB the hotel doesn't take credit cards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank t50
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

The title of my review is the attitude of the people at Hotel Delfini. I found the staff to be very kind and helpful. When my flight with Olympic Airways was cancelled they helped me organise a boat back to Athens with the minimum of fuss. Definitely a place I will return to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
N Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

My wife and I have known about this great wee hotel for 18 years and always head straight for it. This is a very friendly family run hotel, comfortable and very clean. The breakfast on their spendid terrace to a great start to the day. The staff are extremely friendly and will go out of their way to be of help.

From the Irish islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ballyholme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Santa Maria Village
#22 of 34 in Milos
Petrinela Guesthouse
Petrinela Guesthouse
#26 of 34 in Milos

Been to Hotel Delfini? Share your experiences!