“Great restaurant!!!”
Review of Barbas Thomas

Barbas Thomas
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Platanias
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great restaurant!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Don't get fooled by the sign outside the restaurant - this place is quality all through! We have enjoyed traditional greek food as well as pizza and hamburgers there, and the food has always been so incredibly well cooked. The service is outstanding too. I can't think of a better place to recommend. The place is almost worth the trip to Crete by itself....

1 Thank Fredrik H

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kouvola, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Service is great! You feel welcomed every time. Pizzas are the best I have ever tasted! If you haven't tasted lamb, I recommend lamb chops of Barbas Thomas.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katri134
Yorkshire
“Good Food & Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went for lunch at Barbas Thomas @ reading reviews here , was well worth searching out, a small very friendly family run taverna .It gave off a really good feeling from the moment you walked in .just sited above the main road in Platanias up a few steps .The Pizza was fantastic will certainly visit again next year .
The whole menu looked great & the staff & facilities were very good .

1 Thank 1089collector
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Booked after reading the reviews here, was not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. Will be returning as soon as possible.

Horten, Norway
“Strange experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I went to Barba Thomas for a quick meal as everybody here has been giving it good reviews. I ordered garlic bread for starters and a pizza for main course. Despite asking the waiter for my starter several times I never received my starter. The pizza I ordered was average and the mushrooms I asked for them to remove from my pizza was not removed. When I paid the waiter was full of excuses and gave me a complimentary small bottle of raki.

The restaurant was full when I was there so this might explain the trouble I experienced. Also a lot of noice from the main road.

1 Thank cebbe58