“Great view, funny staff, good food”

Astrea Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 139 Restaurants in Platanias
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Astrea starting operating in 2000 introducing the Cretan, the Greek and the Mediterranean cuisine to its customers. From the moments you enter the restaurant, you will feel a member of Fandridakis family. The owner Mr. George is at the door to welcome you. Everything here at Astrea is well taken care to the last detail. The decoration, the food and the service. But, what makes Astrea distinguish is the magnificent view, which enchants every visitor. The restaurant organizes traditional Cretan nights three times a week.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We (2 adults and 1 three-years-old) ate here during a one-week holiday in Platanias. The view on the coast and island below was marvellous, the place seemed to be very busy (of all the restaurants in upper Platanias it was by far the fullest) and of course very touristic, but the food was nice and the staff attentive and amusing. We had fried calamari and zucchini balls for starter, grilled prawns and souvlaki for main course, all of them very nice. The staff kept coming with free ouzo and ice cream which was nice. Recommended.

1  Thank il_bale

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The funniest, nice and good personal and excellent food. Best in Platanias.The bar on the beach is also the best.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We miss our friends at Astrea. Mamas good food and the exellent view! We hope to bee back there in April 2014.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have vacationed in platania now for eleven years and always end up at Astrea whether I've been there alone, with my family or with friends.
The best place in Platania!
It`s always like coming home to family again when I'm there. :-)

1  Thank Thorbjorn1969
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I just love that place, I think everybody does. :)
I've been there so many times and I will always go back.
I also recommend Astrea Beach Restaurant, good service, awesome people working there. ;)

1  Thank Cristian D