“nice hotel”

Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Platanias
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“nice hotel”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed for a week 7th to 14th june. very pleasantly suprised as a gorgeous hotel, cleaner than any i think we have ever stayed in. The room and communal areas were spotless. Staff were very friendly. The location is great just outside the centre of the resort.

We stayed all inclusive which I think is well worth the extra cost as eating and drinking out is quite expensive. The buffet restaurant food was varied and of a good quality. Breakfast lunch and dinner were very good. The view through the large dining room windows is phenomonal.

Our only negative for the whole resort is the single bar for all inclusive use. It is outside next to a swimming pool therefore there is no atmosphere and it would be difficult to talk to other guests. there is a lovely lobby bar at the front of the hotel with indoor and outdoor seating and during our stay was exceptionally quiet. it would be nice if it was perhaps made an adult only bar for paying and all inclusive guests. this would generate more atmosphere therefore encouraging more paying guests to use it and would give all inclusive guests somewhere to get away from the chldren and to be somewhere away from the soulless pool bar. Please dont penalise your all inclusive guests. Its such a shame. Just this one alteration would probably make us revisit.

Room Tip: Higher floors as ground floor rooms can be very dark with no natural light.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank susie126
Sofia K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Dear Mrs. Susie126,
Initially, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience as regards your vacations in Platanias.
We appreciate your kind compliments as regards staff, cleanliness and food. It seems that you had a nice stay in our hotel and this is a great pleasure for us! I honestly believe that the all inclusive bar is really atmospheric, due to the fact of the tables facing to the sea. This side of pool bar provides calmness and a feeling of romance because of the sea’s sound and smell. I am really sorry that it could not reach your expectations. We will take into account your advice!
We hope to welcome you soon back in our hotel and provide you our best services. Until then have enjoyable time!
Guest Relations
Despina Dimotaki.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel is really good located in Platanias. One very annoying thing is that it is very sensitively between rooms! You can hear everything going on in the rooms next to yours. Otherwise, this is a hotel that offers a lot but there is something missing. Spa section is very nice and offers many different treatments, comfortable such :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sofia K, General Manager at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Conny P.,

First of all I would like to warmly thank you for spending your time to share your experience during your vacations in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

As I read in your review you are satisfied by most of our services and especially by our sparkling spa facilities. This fact is a great recognition of our daily efforts to maintain the highest standards of service. The only matter that it was uncomfortable during your stay is the soundproofing. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience and to inform you that all the rooms of our hotel are constructed with best quality of soundproofing system. During your next stay, please make a request for a quite room in order to have an even more relaxing time in our resort.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel and offer you our best services!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friend and I stayed here from the 20th-27th May. The staff were all extremely helpful and there is a lovely guy on the beach bar. The place is very clean and room spacious. We had a fridge which was handy. We used the gym most days which could do with some repairs to a couple of machines. Breakfast was buffet style and very good. We had HB but dined out each evening. Lots of Scandinavians, not many English/Irish people in the resort. Bus stop outside the hotel for Chania. Pools were lovely and beach is very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel. I would ask for bedrooms on the higher levels rather than ground floor. Very enjoyable stay! Will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank rjhigg
Sofia K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Rjhigg,

First of all we would like to kindly thank you for your review about your recent stay at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

We appreciate your incredible compliments in regards to our staff, food facilities and amenities of the hotel. I would like to inform you that we have already taking care of the gym machines which needed repair.

We would like to thank you again for your time posting on Tripadvisor and we are looking forward to welcome you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and we were delighted with our choice. All inclusive is good value. Right on the beach. Close to the town. Kids enjoyed the kids club and the pool was heated enough for us to swim. Good food selection and the quality of the food was excellent. The lack of entertainment day or night was a real shame as there was just nowhere for people to group together, so the hotel lacked atmosphere. I guess it is different in the high season.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Natasha H
Dear Natasha H.,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback as regards your resting time in our hotel. It is a great pleasure to know that you had a nice stay in Porto Platanias and you enjoyed our cuisine and hotel’s location too.

On the other hand, I feel sorry that entertainment was missing during your stay. As a five stars hotel, we have a special place that we hold our events such as Cretan Evening, Live International Music, etc. This place “Ikaros”, is an opened roof garden, facing to the sea and unfortunately the weather was not helpful in order to carry out our special events.

We hope to welcome you soon, back in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, and cover all of your expectations!

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I (both females in 30s) booked a trip last minute and wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport but still with character and with all the expected amenities close by - this hotel was perfect!

Situated 30 minutes from Chania airport, Platanias is a strip of beach side hotels on a main road lined with shops, restaurants and bars. We didn't mind we went out of season as things we quiter but can imagine it is very lively in the summer.

The hotel is in the best location with everything within walking distance but also has a small mini market on site. Only down side was the beach is a bit stoney but quite close by are sandy stretches.

The room was great for us, no view but we didn't expect one, twin beds with everything you need, fridge, safe, hair drier, balcony. It was incredibly clean too!

More than enough pools there are at least 5, we spent all of our time at the adults only pool because it was quieter and was in the sun all day.

Lots of people were there all inclusive, we just went bed and breakfast which was perfect, breakfast was a good buffet.

The spa is one of the best I've been to, again very well looked after and spotless. I had a great massage as well - thanks Harris!

We did not go expecting to spend all our time at the resort but they do have activities during the day and there are things to do outside (snorkelling trips etc).

Everyone we spoke to were friendly and helpful so if you want a stress free stay this is a great place to go.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jemima A
Sofia K, General Manager at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Jemima A.,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking time to write on Tripadvisor about your last stay in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

I am delighted that we have met your expectations and that your last minute decision was a great surprise for you! I am really pleased that you are satisfied by all of our services including the Spa amenities, hotel facilities, cleanliness and restaurant. Your comments encourage us to maintain the highest quality of service in the future.

Once again we would like to thank you for writing your experience with us. We hope we will welcome you soon in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just returned from a 7 day trip to Crete. The hotel settings were lovely-excellent pool areas and everything was kept really clean. we stayed all inclusive & were only allowed to use the pool bar. There was not indoor seating area with music (was like a conference room) which was disappointing as we like to have a few drinks in the evenings. Also no entertainment at all. We knew this was because it is very early season but they should state this on their website.
Staff were very friendly & the hotel location is really good.
The food, however was not up to 5* standard. The hot food was cold & I found a slug in the lettuce on one day!! The hotel reacted very quickly to this & gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne to apologise which seemed good service. Overall we had a nice time but wouldn't return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah S
Sofia K, Manager at Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Sarah S,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to post on Tripadvisor about your recent stay in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments and I feel very pleased that our team has accomplished to satisfy most of your desires and standards.

However, it seems that you have faced some inconveniences during your stay. Regarding your request for an indoor seating area with music I would like to inform you that our guests can enjoy international drinks and music at our lobby bar, which is ideal for their relaxing evening moments!

Further to your review, I am really surprised about the incident at the restaurant. I would like to assure you that our restaurant obeys all the hygiene rules and our goal is to serve high quality of food. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience and to indicate that our staff will continue offering the quickest and highest standards of services.

Once again, thank you for posting on Tripadvisor about your experiences in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa. I would like to ensure you that we will take your suggestions under consideration. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel!

Kapaki Sofia.
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I and some of the family got some friends who worked in the kitchen's breakfast buffet / lunch / dinner. He was working as a chef he helped me next time I should show that we were 5 people with hand showed that I should give a high five. Then he showed me that I had to turn hand side. I repeated several times. He thinks that it was perfect. Hotel room: The room is good.
+ Telephone dialing to other rooms, refrigerator, great patio and good service
- Did not air conditioner setting, greek TV program (it's no wonder)
Hotel Service: They did not understand what I said when I asked if they had toothbrush even if I have bad speak English. But one helped me.
We took a flight from Oslo Gardermoen (OSL) to Creta, Greece with SAS trip / return.
We were there for 1 week.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank André R
Dear André R,

I would like to warmly thank you for posting on Tripadvisor in regards to your stay in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

I feel very pleased that everything was up to your expectations! Furthermore, I would like to assure you that the whole team of our hotel will keep working constantly in order to offer our guests the highest standards of service.

Once more, thank you for sharing your experience during your last visit in our hotel! We hope to welcome you back soon in Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.

Kapaki Sofia.
Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platanias
CHC Galini Sea View
#18 of 68 in Platanias
Minoa Palace Resort
Minoa Palace Resort
#1 of 68 in Platanias

Been to Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!