“Day spa needs improving”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Platanias
Summertime Boutique Hotel & Spa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited the day spa to make an appointment and was immediately asked to pay for my treatments upfront, I explained I only came into make an appointment so didn't bring money with me, they then asked for a deposit again I told them I didn't bring my purse, I was finally able to get an appointment after leaving all my details. Arrived the next day for some treatments felt staff were not over friendly and spent the whole time chatting to each other in Greek barely glancing my direction. Prior to my final treatment I was asked if I could pay now I explained I would do so after my treatment, it was all a bit aggressive in terms of payment. The treatments were fine but they need a rethink as I saw other customers were annoyed at constant demands for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SummertimeBHS, General Manager at Summertime Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting the Spa at Summertime Boutique Hotel & Spa.
I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the treatments, as well as the cleanliness of the spa.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with the service aspect of the Spa.
Please note that guests outside of the hotel are required to leave details as well as a small deposit in order to confirm your reservation as a friendly reminder. Your time is valuable to us, as we hope our time is valuable to each guest as to prepare for each appointment smoothly and without delay. The small deposit guarantees your time, especially on a very busy day.

As for you feeling not attended to is exactly opposite the core value and philosophy we teach our staff and your comment will not go unnoticed. We have had an excellent customer relationship so far and perhaps it was just one bad moment, but I believe that we always have room for improvement. I will communicate with our staff immediately.

I understand it may have been uncomfortable for you in regards to the payment. This is not our intention. For your treatment Spa Express, as your final treatment is a manicure, the reason why the staff asked you to pay before the final treatment is so that you do not ruin your nails.
In fact, before manicures, most of the clients ask us if they can pay before they even start, so that they do not ruin their freshly painted nails. I believe that you can agree that the last thing you would want to do after a manicure is to dig around to look for the wallet.

I hope that this has helped you understand from the business aspect and I sincerely hope that you visit us again so that we may serve you better the next time you visit.

Please do not hesitate to e-mail me at jooyeon_@hotmail.com so that I may take care of your next visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here 2 weeks in August 2013. The rooms are great and the bed was nice to sleep in. There could be better lighting in the bathroom. A big PLUS is GEORGE at the bar, he always has something funny to say or a smile to give a way. And is helpful with just about everything you ask :) And for those who write a negative comment about him, try to talk to him instead of just going past his bar without saying hello and tell how ur day was. He is really friendly and makes excellent drinks, and by the time we spent at Summertime we could just look at him and he knew we wanted drinks and what to drink :) He is just trying to get people to his bar and he is a really funny and great guy :) Im coming back, especially to this hotel. The rest of the staff are also great!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anett P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Summertime Hotel for two weeks, and it was a very joyful experience.

The hotel is quite new, with spacious rooms, clean and modern, though – and I think that’s the only negative – the kitchen equipment was somehow limited (we didn’t make that much food).
Wait, one more: Guests should not have to pay for internet connection in 2013, and charging €35 a week is embarrassing for the owners, while free wi-fi is mandatory at other hotels like this.

What you do to save your money: Just outside the hotel (turn left and 1 min away) you find a place called Salonikos (or something like that) with free wi-fi and friendly staff.

Whatever, we can highly recommend this place to stay (and 209 is surely one of the best rooms), with a short distance to the beach (3 min), to the supermarket (1 min) and a selection of restaurants either way you go.

There seems to be a lot of great places to stay in this area, but said that, this place is something special.
His name is George, the bar man, the first person you meet when you arrive, who says hello with a tasty drink – and continues to make the days joyful and interesting in so many different ways. Talking to everybody, joking – and always ready for a discussion.
If you do not want to go out to eat, you can have great food served by George and the girls in the bar, you can have a perfect breakfast (€12 for 2 persons), the pizzas are great and the burgers fantastic. Drinks are top of the table, they surely know how to make their mojitos.

The reason why so many goes back to this hotel, is not the rooms, the location or the cosy atmosphere primarily – the reason is George and the way he is dealing with people and running his business.

If he leaves his business behind the bar at Summertime (heard rumors that he was tempted by other offers, easy to understand), it’s still a great place to stay, but unfortunately without the extra personality that makes the difference.

Thanks George, we want to go back.

Hope you are staying for a while.

Room Tip: Best rooms, in our opinion: 108, 109, 208, 209.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taarn
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Summertime boutique hotel & spa and would highly recommend it. Everything about this hotel exceeded our expectations.
The room was HUGE (especially for what you find in Europe), clean, air conditioned and had a kitchen. All the small touches were there, such as candles, a fruit basket, and for our particular room, purple lights over the bed. All the rooms are very large as it is smaller boutique hotel, and the pool area did not feel crowded.
We also had a HUGE private balcony with both a table to eat and chairs to tan. From the balcony you can see the beach, which is right across the street. The area of Chania is gourgeous, and from this location you have all you need. It is both quiet but buzzing at all hours. There are restaurants with delicious and affordable greek food all along the beach. You can take a short bus ride to the city center if you wish to visit the pier, but we were also quite happy to just lounge around our hotel. There is a large outdoor pool and bar. The barkeeper, George is very friendly and helpful and his bar serves delicious food - I recommend the greek salad. He also hosted a Tuesday night 7 course + dessert Greek dinner for a great price and we thoroughly enjoyed tasting his mom's authentic creek food as well as socializing with other travelers.
I had a chance to visit Senses day spa and was very impressed! It is a beautiful spa, with an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and all the luxuries. I had a very relaxing massage.
Overall, this hotel exceeded our expectations for a very affordable price and we will definitely back. Thank you to George and the owners! We will definitely be back to Chania and this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been a guest at this hotel 3 times,and will be back once again in summer 2013 :) I love everything about the hotel,cleen and beautiful decorated rooms,the bar is also very nice. I love the smiling cleeningladies,the hotel management,the nightguard,and the handyman Giannis :) All very good people. I am sorry to say that i am a bit dissapointed about the hotels newest bartender,George..? I felt that he watch me and every step i take...i did not spend any time in the bar at my stay in 2012,because it was too uncomfertable to sit there when he was at work. So that was a bit sad,hope i will be able to spend more time there this year. I can't wait to return to the best place in the world,and to see all my local friends there. And to eat souvlaki,dance the sirtaki and drink some raki ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann S
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Rooms were very nice and modern and clean!
Great service with helpful staff who pointed me in the right direction.
Has a very nice spa and a gym.
The hotel is also attached to a car rental which we also rented our car from.
Very affordable pricing.

Overall my experience was excellent and will definitely go there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank johnCampbell27
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was our 3rd time in chania, and we decided to stay at Summertime hotel.

It was an excellent choice, as the hotel was brand new, the room was nicely decorated
and the staff were very helpful.
Everyday we ate breakfast at the bar and for 5 euros, we got eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, and fresh orange juice.

We had a very comfortable stay. The room was very clean.

We took advantage of almost all of the facilities of the hotel, including the gym, the spa, and two days of the rental car service.

Overall we are very happy with our decision and will visit again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platanias
Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa
#22 of 68 in Platanias
Oscar Suites & Village
Oscar Suites & Village
#3 of 31 in Agia Marina

Been to Summertime Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!