“Interesting joint”

Ranked #5 of 155 Restaurants in Platanias
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosmos is a must destination in Platanias as it is well known for the breathtaking location as for the dinning experiences that all foodies are fun of. Juicy steaks, fresh fishes,must desserts and world class cava surrounded by chill and lounge music are the hi heats that for sure will built a saga visit to find greatness within.Cosmos is the absolut dinning resto and deserves one visit if you are close by.
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t wait to eat here
More because of management previous hilarious comments that customer comments.
You tend to learn more from a negative comment than a positive one providing the comments are rational and not personal.
Anyway this is a classy spot on paper and in reality it doesn’t disappoint when you arrive. Superb location and view of the year. Good staff, lovely tables an all round good experience.
The wine was lovely well priced and served properly. Guys this restaurantb has most boxes ticked.
Anyway to the food
My wife had shrimp cocktail with avocado
I had bread with tzaiki
Cocktail good , bread uneventful, what was I expecting?
To the main courses !!!!
We didn’t push the boat out
Wifey had Sea bream
I had shrimp linguini (black)
Before my wife ordered she was in 2 minds as she felt sea bream can be quite boring
Hindsight is a great thing
It was quite bland although cut beautifully at the table
The pasta dish was more fishy than sea if you know what I mean
So unfortunately if we both had to be quite honest we were disappointed.
We actually left after the main course as a young gentleman had lit up a cigar and was fumigating the whole top floor I don’t understand why in any country in the world in 2015 people are allowed to fumigate other peoples enjoyment of food this is not the restaurant fault and that’s not my intention here to blame them.
Overall I would say that some people find this restaurant amazing I can understand why however an our visit not everything was five-star class.
I hope you appreciate my honest comments

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank dougalgillie1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, view and service! This place is top notch. Not the cheapest, but worth every penny. We had wineleaves, beef pasta and cowboy steak and would defineatly recommend these dishes. The service was excellent and the first restaurant we have been to in the area with propper waiters.

Date of visit: July 2018
DIMPChania, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for the visit !!

Wishing you the best

Dimitris Proimakis

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

We booked finner at Cosmos after seeing the good reviews and recommodation by a friend. We were not disappointed. Great service, amazing food, great views.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant an nice view, 10+. Fiest time in this restaurant an it was worth it. Thanks for our hotel guy for this information.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Is not very cheap but the food and the view is very beautiful. I recommend that restaurant for creet visitors at last one time.
Probably the best view in Chania.