Very friendly staff showed us to our apartment when we arrived late at night. We were very far away from the reception (not a problem for us but there are lots of steps) - although we were informed there is an alternate route with no steps.
The apartment was nice and clean but quite 'brown'. It seems that some apartments have had a makeover and some have not. Ours was one that had not yet been redecorated but was still ideal for just the two of us. Three rooms, one was kitchen area, sofa and dining table, then bathroom and then the bedroom which led out to a garden area.
The only bad points about the room for us was that the bathroom was very smelly - think there was a drain problem (when we emptied the kitchen sink - the bathroom floor plug would overflow) and that the shower (with a curtain) wasn't fixed securely to the wall...
Other than that - we had an absolutely fabulous stay. The pools were very clean, staff were super friendly and there was absolutely no god-awful evening entertainment EVER!
Yes, yes, the sunbed towel reservers were out in force but there were plenty to go around.
A couple of cats mooch about with their kittens and are very friendly... Whoever was looking after the two kittens before us, just want to let you know, the little ginger one (Hank) was 100 times healthier when we left and the other kitten and mum are well too! (I've uploaded a photo so you can see)
Overall, fantastic value for money - short walk to restaurants. David Vergera, The Alchemist and the Dutch cafe are all places that we recommend - really fantastic food and some of the cheapest places to eat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piskopiano Village Apartments has lovely traditional Aegean Island style decor. An ideal place for relaxing and close to many interesting places to visit, most of which are within walking distance. The apartments are located in the hills above Hersonissos, between the small villages of Koutouloufari and Old Hersonissos. The apartments have panoramic views of Hersonissos Bay which is a 15 minute downhill walk. Facilities at Piskopiano Village Apartments include 2 outdoor swimming pools with children's pool, pool showers, free sun beds and umbrellas, a poolside bar serving snacks and drinks during the day. For children there is a small play area. The indoor bar has a big screen satellite TV, a pool table and internet access. The bar has an outside veranda and is a popular place to socialise in the evenings. There is an 18 hole golf course and water park 4km away.Due to it's hillside location it has a number of stairs which make it unsuitable for buggies, wheelchairs or those who have difficulty walking. Heraklion airport is 24km away, Knossos is 34km, Malia is 5km.The apartments welcome families, couples and well behaved groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Piskopiano Village Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Hotel Piskopiano
- Piskopiano Crete
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Crete