As being active on tripadvisor because of our own business, I think Piskopiano Village deserves a review rather than all the bad ones concerning their overbookings. My girfriend and I stayed at this resort in June 2011 for 2 weeks and where quite happy with the experience.
It is very true the apartments are frequently travelled by Dutch travelers. I am Dutch myself however it seemed that quite a returning group habituates the resort randomly...It's truly like living in a village feeling, since everyone knows everyone and it's always hot news when someone new comes in! That being said, Yannis and the Bar man were very friendly, helpful and the resort is very, very well maintained, with 2 lovely pools and amazing views on the Mediterranean and Hersonissos downtown. It's quite a relaxing place and within easy approach of all main attractions such as restaurants, bars and leisure activities, yet fare enough from the madding crowds and youngsters on drinking holidays in Hersonissos.
The rooms are basic, and surely not as nice as pictured on the website, but considering the amount of money paid (550 Euro's per person, 2 weeks including flights and transport to-from the airport) in peak season is surely worth the money spend. The Housekeeping was dissapointing. A quick brush was apparently more than enough and even the beds where not made up, just clean sheets were put down daily on the bed so we could make up the beds ourselves. The kitchen is rather a "Kitchenette" with a 2 pit cooking equipment not handy for people that like to cook themselves....however you shouldn't since there are many great options to go out for dinner all around..!
As working as a hotel manager myself, I have to kind of side with the owners / managers of this resort. Dealing with many, many agencies can be very difficult at times and over bookings may happen easily outside your control. Having met the owners / managers plenty of times during our stay, we found them trustable and honest and very welcoming. I am sure they have never intended get into a situation like that, and I am sure the will continue delivering good value for money accommodation.
Considering the price, location and service we think it is a acceptable accommodation in a lovely setting, and would recommend it to other travelers choosing Crete as there holiday destination! It surely is one of the better options in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piskopiano Village Apartments has lovely traditional Aegean Island style decor. An ideal place for relaxing and close to many interesting places to visit, most of which are within walking distance. The apartments are located in the hills above Hersonissos, between the small villages of Koutouloufari and Old Hersonissos. The apartments have panoramic views of Hersonissos Bay which is a 15 minute downhill walk. Facilities at Piskopiano Village Apartments include 2 outdoor swimming pools with children's pool, pool showers, free sun beds and umbrellas, a poolside bar serving snacks and drinks during the day. For children there is a small play area. The indoor bar has a big screen satellite TV, a pool table and internet access. The bar has an outside veranda and is a popular place to socialise in the evenings. There is an 18 hole golf course and water park 4km away.Due to it's hillside location it has a number of stairs which make it unsuitable for buggies, wheelchairs or those who have difficulty walking. Heraklion airport is 24km away, Knossos is 34km, Malia is 5km.The apartments welcome families, couples and well behaved groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Piskopiano Village Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Hotel Piskopiano
- Piskopiano Crete
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Crete