We really enjoyed our stay @Amazones Villages. Our room was a great size being a junior suite and although it was over the bar area it was not a problem noise-wise. Ok the furnishings were a little tired but the room was clean and simply furnished to cover everything you might need. Although we didn't use it it was also well equipped if you wanted to do self- catering, with fridge, plates, cutlery etc. We had a small welcome basket of wine, fruit + water, which was unexpected but very nice. From our balcony we had a terrific panoramic view looking out over the lovely pool. The pool area is the hotel's best feature, it was fab with sunbeds on the surrounding area + bar service - what's not to like?
We went half-board and the breakfast was great, lovely Greek yogurt, cereal, toast, eggs etc - dont expect a full English, this is Greece. For the evening meal the food was at best ok, not a gastronomic experience more school dinners! But there was always something from the choice on offer that was fine enough to eat. The Greek food was the best the tsatziki was delicious, good salads, delicious filo pastry squares, lamb etc. I have to say the evening meal was the main bone of contention amongst other guests, some people who booked half- board ate out every night but it wasn't that bad, though I wouldn't have looked forward to a second week of it! We'd recommend going B+B as there are plenty of other places to eat out at @ very reasonable prices both at Piskopiano and the bigger Koutouloufari just a stroll away. Kosta's @
Piskopiano is worth a mention the food here was excellent quality + delicious, if not the cheapest, but there are plenty places offering a mix of mezzes for 16€ for 2 people.
Unlike some of the reviewers we found the staff extremely friendly, from the always very cheerful Dimitri who was stand out nice, to Stella, Nico and Caterina, also Dimitri's aunt and the lovely cleaner whose name I never knew. For the price this place was great value for money.
The place itself is situated up the hill about a km out of Chersonnissus and from our point of view all the better for this! Chersonnissus is quite a busy place but can offer night life, lots of tourist shops, plenty of eateries and cheap beer during happy hour if you want it. There is also an excellent bus service from the main street there, bus stop no 21 I think it's opposite a bank to go towards Heraklion. Don't worry if you put your hand out and the bus doesn't stop, this'll be the express which shoots through, there will be another along pretty soon! By using the bus service it's easy to get to sandy beaches in either direction, we liked Kokkini towards Heraklion. This is where we got drinks for 4 of us for 5€ at the canteen bus on the beach! The owner speaks very good English as do most Greek people.
We also went to Knossos a must see if you are in the area, by taking the bus to Heraklion+ getting off at the bus station for the connecting bus. The connecting bus was easy to spot at one end of the station , you buy your tickets at the little kiosk before you get on. It was during this journey that we realised the ordinary service bus from Heraklion to Malia goes straight through the airport, so for 3€ each we used this as our transfer back to get the plane home! It was very easy and much cheaper than a 40€ taxi. All the bus fares were very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete