We travelled here in early June, very easy to get to from the airport in our hire car
We booked a Junoir Suite with a sea view, we were given exactly that, but our room was above both the bar and the dining area very noisy, plan, turn the air con on to drown out the noise,
no control for the air con, so i asked at reception, i was told the air con was not included in the room rate? i asked if we could be moved, yes in the morning no problem.
We were moved to alpha 1, the furthest room uphill from the reception, much quieter
The breakfast was adequate, the evening meals we tried were very average , but we only picked half board as it was the same price as b+b.
Now the positive nice pool area, helpful staff, cool beers and perfect location for both of the villages (piskopiano+ koutouloufari )further down the hill.
You must eat in David Veggara nice food and very reasonable prices
All of the bars and restaurants in the villages were all much the same very nice and traditional
If you have a car and like a beach you must drive to Voulisma Beach it is around 50mins away
take the highway to Agios Nikolaos one straight road, just before you arrive at Agios Nikolaos
turn right at the main crossroad towards towards ierapetra, follow the road which meanders around the coast for around 15/20mins look out for the sign for the beach on the lefthand side
(note there are other beaches on the way but this beach is stunning) crystal clear water, pure white gently sloping sand and easy parking. There are beds and parasols for hire 7 euros for 2 beds+parasol, ther is no beach bar, so stop at the shop up the hill from the car park for beers, water etc
We ventured into Stalis beach one night and found the Rovers Return Bar, it was half the price of the bars in the villages, and was very good fun
The weather for the duration of our 1 week stay was perfect, not to hot and there was a nice breeze
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete