This small hotel is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are large and spacious and well equipped. They are not luxurious but very good value. The staff are really helpful and considerate. The pool is a good size for the complex and although the hotel is out of the town up the hill this does have compensations. The view is exceptional and the local villages of Chersonisson, Piskopiano and Koutufoulari have good tavernas - we didn't find a bad one. The beaches are within a twenty minute walk and if you have a car then good beaches are very close. The breakfast buffet is excellent. We had a three year old grandchild with us and we all ate well in the mornings. It is certainly one of the best hotels we have stayed in in Greece although it was our first time to Crete.
The only real drawbacks were the evening meal, which by any standard was very poor, and the transfer. We couldn't understand how everything else could work so well but dinner be so poor. It would lift the hotel immeasurably to have good food. It was also poor to have to walk up a long hill after being dropped off by the transfer coach. The coach stopped at similar locations to drop off so why not the Amazones?
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel but I would advise to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete