Well, the third time in 17 months, each visit is like returning to that special place you hold dearest in your heart.
On this trip, the four of us ventured out very little during the day, but of an evening after we had eaten, usually at Kosta's or Romantika, we did find that several times we were drawn into Space, a small internet cafe in the village owned by Mike. We ran the music off his computer, and found ourselves staggering home at 4,5,6!!! in the morning.
As always the welcome at Driades was top notch, with Elani, Michaelis, and the kids all treating us like family. unfortunately YaYa(Mom) was only there for a few days, but God what an emotional goodbye that was.
We ate at the weekly BBQ, which was a serious meat feast, Elani brings in Yanis, to cook in the BBQ Pit they have built especially, and we had huge pork steaks, chicken and souvlaki. Elani prepared dishes of Greek salad and potatoes, enough to feed a small army. Fruit and Raki to follow, then dancing and drinking, lovely night.
We have now become regulars in the village, and find people recognise us as we walk about, we can stop and talk to lots of shop and bar owners and staff and it makes the stay really special.
The weather as always was very good, the apartments very clean and the pool/bar area spacious enough to spread yourself out and have your own little spot.
A new addition in the Bar this trip, George, (2.30pm - 3.00am), very efficient and did things properly, ashtrays never allowed to get full, always peanuts when you ordered drinks and coasters for the drinks you did order. A nice greeting everyday afternoon and evening. A nice touch.
That brings me to leaving, Mary, Gareth and the small superstar that was Gary(Get In, Get Out, Come On) left in the morning, tears everywhere.... We left at 8.30pm, but from about 4pm, my wife and her sister, could hardly talk due to complete and utter grief at having to leave. This is the effect Driades, Piskipiano, and Crete is beginning to have on us.
Elani, Michaelis, Costas, Marushka and YaYa, we will be back there is no question. Thank you for another fabulous holiday and for running a place that lets us enjoy our holiday and meet new but like minded people who want a friendly, quiet and pleasant place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Driades Apartments is a small attractive complex in a quiet position within the pretty and picturesque village of Piskopiano. It is just 150 metres to the many bars and tavernas in the centre of Piskopiano and the centre of Hersonissos is a 20 minutes walk downhill from the apartments. These apartments will appeal to families and couples looking for quiet accommodation in a scenic hillside location above Hersonissos. The apartments have an inviting pool and sun terrace and are popular with British holidaymakers and are ideal for a relaxed holiday in Crete. Get to our pool, take a dive and get you refreashing drink with the beautifull sightseeing. Your children will play in the children's pool and will enjoy their ice cream in the snack bar near the pool. If you come with your car or you hire one to escape to the beautifull Cretan beaches and villages, a large parking is available for you. In Driades Apartments, you will meet the authentic Cretan hospitality with people which will be always ready to serve you. The Driades Apartments are ideal for a relaxing vacation in Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Driades Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driades Apartments Hotel Piskopiano
- Driades Apartments Piskopiano, Crete