All reviews air con big pool best holiday i have ever been pool view mini market minute walk security guy hired a scooter next year local wine every evening restaurants and bars perfect holiday taxi hersonissos village studio
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I agree with more or less everything the last reviewer said. Infact, i reckon i was there the same week. Like that, I arrived at about 5.00am and was a little bit worried until the next day. I was told that most of the accomodation in Greece is generally quite basic so i was not expecting too much. we had a double bed studio apartment and we had everything we needed. I highly recommend getting the air conditioning. €40.00 for the week - well worth it! We were given fresh towels every 2 days. I will admit that i dont think our bed clothes were changed, they were just re-made! Wasn't the worst thing in the world to worry about though! I went as one half of a couple and a holiday is definitely what you make it. We had a great time but i think the Mika villa's are far more suited to groups. There is quite a young crowd there too which may make you panic a little bit and worry that you wont get much sleep but i have to say there was no real hassle. the Security man in the apartments is very strict and seems to take no s**t from what we were being told. you will need to buy toilet roll but it hardly breaks the bank! one of the cleaning ladies actually took one of our rolls one day that we'd bought! haha! Everything was fine. I certainly have no real complaints about the accomodation. Still in two minds about whether i'd recommend it though for other reasons.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Niamhster
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Four adults and one child aged twelve,I was scared even thought of cancelling after i read some of the reviews.I was really suprised at first, my initial reaction was oh my god what have i done but we arrived at 5 in the morning.When we got up the next day all that disapeared everyone was so friendly and kind,wouldnt advise anyone to take children there as its for young people who just want to party but they never bothered us and were good fun in the day time kept the place lively with a nice atmosphere , but as they say u make your own holiday you only use theses places for somewhere to get ur head down.Pool cleaned everyday we got fresh towels everyday so i couldnt complain just watch your money there does be a few robberies but its only ten euro for a safe which you should invest in .Head to the nostros bar up the hill best bar in piskopianos , try the romantic restaurant on the hill lovely and really friendly. if ur hiring quads or bikes go to moto experience and ask for julias, they explain everything and give the best value they are facing the freda apts cant remember his wifes name she is english at least u will be able to understand everything anyway i really enjoyed my holiday and the bad reviews are from people who dont no how to enjoy themselves

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank meighread
Reviewed July 27, 2010

i could not believe my eyes when i read the bad reviews about mika.. the place was excellent.. i went with four other work colleges to blow off some steam and mika villas was the perfect place for us.. all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.. while we were there a family was also staying and they told me there time was also fantastic..the scenery around is very beautiful and the locals are very nice..(especially joanne in the shop) the barmen, andreas, milnos, pedro and of course joey were extremely accomodating and i would have no trouble hurrying back for another stay.. the only wish i have is that i could stay for longer.. there was bad reveiws about secuirty men and such but these are all bull.. we were loud a few nights and we were just asked to keep the noise down.. no mess no problem as the manager says.. and keep the sambucie flowing.. see ye again next year lads!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank sambucie2010
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I'm just back from a 2 week stay in Mika and I must say it was the best holiday I have ever been on. My friends and I were very nervous because of all the poor reviews but they could not have been further from the truth. Around 100 people all arrived at 1AM on Friday and each person was treated with respect and everything was very organised. We were shown to our room and our air conditioning was set up for an extra charge (70 for 2 weeks - it's a must though because it gets so hot). The room was basic but comfortable. I would recommend an upstairs room, it was lovely to sit on the balcony after a night out and just relax. We were in 106, just above the pool, at the centre of everything. The pools were spotless, cleaned everyday and the snack bar and shop were excellent. All the staff are so friendly, especially Andreas the barman. He was so cool, ordering pizzas or taxis or making our favourite cocktails. The rooms were cleaned most days, but the sheets were only changed once so that could be improved. I'd bring my own toilet roll too, you get one at the beginning and it isn't always replaced! I would go back to Mika in a heartbeat and I'd recommend it to any young people looking for a fun holiday - you won't be disappointed! I've been home one day and I miss Mika already, can't wait to go back!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank A072010
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I stayed there this year and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The apartment was basic but clean, we had fresh towels and sheets every 2 days, bathroom and floor cleaned also. i felt very safe and secure and would like to thank the barmen, Minoas, Andreas and Joey for looking after me so well, the coffee was legend! We stayed in appt 113, right by the small pool and beside the bar, the pool was cleaned every evening by bob the builder (maintenance man!) and none of the staff ever passed without saying a very happy hello. I would go back again tomorrow, and would recommend the Mika to friends without hesitation.

Date of stay: June 2010