“A piece of heaven in the mountains.”
Review of Le Vieux Four

Le Vieux Four
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Chatel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We went and had a wonderful lunch at this restaurant.

We took their set options that cost 36 and 45 euros.

Each dish was absolutely fabulous!!! Every bite felt special and nothing was wrong.

The place is very beautiful and has a lot of Mountain charm to it.

There is a superb attention to details of all kinds. We loved every bit of it.

1  Thank Swissheroe

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We enjoyed the food very much, the service was polite and helpful. The atmosphere was perfect for a relaxing meal out

1  Thank roger h
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great atmosphere, beautifully cooked food, helpful staff. My starter was delicious trout and my husbands was a black pudding mousse concoction which was divine. We both had the hot stone meat dish which was plentiful and tasty, with dips and salad and the wine was of excellent standard.

1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ate here while skiing in Chatel - agree with many others - wonderful ambiance - terrific food. The 35 Euro menu is great for 3 courses. The lamb rack was the best that my wife and daughter had ever eaten.

1  Thank piggyLondon
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love the Vieux four even if I can't afford to go there frequently. The food is superbly presented and I have always been more than satisfied with the quality. Nice choice of wines and variety of menus - the cheapest is good for a quick lunch ( though often the main dish is the same every time I ask!). The service is high standard though once you have eaten a little slow to bring the bill!

1  Thank JimmR1968