We stayed 2 nights in Sept 2011, on half board . Dinner , bed & breakfast. We asked for a luxe room with a view of the valley. The room was really lovely with a big comfortable bed, lovely exposed wood beams, 2 windows with shutters overlooking the scenery which was stunning. The bathroom was modern with a proper bath & shower. Everywhere was clean & unlike some hotel bedrooms there was plenty of space. I advise anybody staying to ask for a car parking reservation as there is a parking problem in the tiny village & it is difficult to unload luggage outside the hotel which is on a narrow street. Wi-Fi & internet is free. The restuarant has a small a la carte choice but on half board you can choose from the 50 euro menu. We sampled a super lobster salad , or Foie Gras as a starter. The rack of lamb was very succulent & pink, the veal was " to die " for ! The location of the restuarant is quite wonderful overlooking the valley below, & the orche cliffs. The staff understand English but will allow you to try out your French without making you feel awkward. Altogether it was a memorable hotel & I could't fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of one of the most beautiful villages in Provence, Le Clos de la Glycine invites you to discover the good life in Roussillon. In this little Provencal paradise, the atmosphere, light and sense of well-being are unrivalled.The sophistication, choice of materials and use of elegant warm colours create an immediate feeling of comfort and serenity. Everything is designed for your total satisfaction. All our bedrooms vie to be the most charming, comfortable and refined. Superbly appointed, they offer sublime views of the Apt valley, the ochre cliffs, the picturesque village or majestic Mont Ventoux. Designed to reflect the intimacy of Provence, the furniture is painted in traditional Provencal tones. All our bedrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with minibar, a safe, flat-screen TV, telephone and free WiFi Internet connection and some even have their own terrace. The lobby also features a business corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Clos de la Glycine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Clos De La Glycine Hotel Roussillon
- Le Clos De La Glycine Roussillon, France