“Great French food and wine”
Review of Comptoir Des Arts

Comptoir Des Arts
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Roussillon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Masterton, Wellington, New Zealand
“Great French food and wine”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This restaurant has excellent French and local food, with of course great local wines. Service was great with very helpful staff, especially with language assistance and meal suggestions. We would recommend this to anyone visiting this region on wonderful South of France.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Phil H

UK
“hilariously awful”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

is this really a restaurant, or is it just a front for another sort of business? We popped in first week of October, since their wine list looked interesting and they were doing one or two organic dishes. It was a mistake. Appalling staff, shocking (I mean SHOCKING) food which we refused to eat, a completely could not care less attitude when we walked out. we laughed out loud as we walked away, truly an incredible experience. Under no circumstances at all would I recommend anyone to set foot in this place. I had to write this--normally I only review places that are good, trying hard etc.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank eastbrookfarm
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So rude - don't bother!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We thought we'd give the comptoir des arts a go as from the outside the menu looked ok, and didn't seem quite as touristy as some of the other restaurants in the town. I wish we hadn't bothered to even venture inside - the couple who appear to run it were so rude. As we were with our young baby I politely asked if we could have a look at the terrace to see if there was somewhere we could sit that wouldn't disturb too many other people. I then politely asked if we could take a table for 4 in the corner (they were very quiet) and was really rudely told we couldn't, with the lady making it pretty clear we should leave. Not a smile, an apology or any trace of politeness. I could well believe the rest of the reviews on here in terms of the service - if you find yourself in Rousillon for lunch don't bother to go in here. I ended up feeling really cross as I'm not sure I've ever been into a restaurant where any one has been this unpleasant. Don't let them spoil your day too!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clare C
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very surprised in hindsight to see the recent reviews. The service was friendly and warm and the meal was one of the best I've had. We had scallops and rack of lamb. Both cooked to perfection. It was a pricey meal but worth every penny. Views were spectacular and very romantic.

• Visited August 2013
“Bad food, bad service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived at this restaurant, we were seated promptly however then ignored for the next 25mins. We tried to call the waitresses and boss over many times but were again ignored. Once the food arrived, we didn't even know what to say.. One dish, the truffle ravioli was served in a 10cm round bowl and for €18 we got 7 pieces of ravioli that didn't taste even close to truffle, (only ricotta) drowned in 3cms high of olive oil, straight from the packet, not fresh.. it was awful! The other dish was cod and vegetables, again drowned in SO much olive oil that we could taste nothing else. It was a very expensive, disappointing meal! Never go here!

• Visited July 2013