“So rude - don't bother!”
Review of Comptoir Des Arts

Comptoir Des Arts
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Roussillon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We thought we'd give the comptoir des arts a go as from the outside the menu looked ok, and didn't seem quite as touristy as some of the other restaurants in the town. I wish we hadn't bothered to even venture inside - the couple who appear to run it were so rude. As we were with our young baby I politely asked if we could have a look at the terrace to see if there was somewhere we could sit that wouldn't disturb too many other people. I then politely asked if we could take a table for 4 in the corner (they were very quiet) and was really rudely told we couldn't, with the lady making it pretty clear we should leave. Not a smile, an apology or any trace of politeness. I could well believe the rest of the reviews on here in terms of the service - if you find yourself in Rousillon for lunch don't bother to go in here. I ended up feeling really cross as I'm not sure I've ever been into a restaurant where any one has been this unpleasant. Don't let them spoil your day too!

1  Thank Clare C

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very surprised in hindsight to see the recent reviews. The service was friendly and warm and the meal was one of the best I've had. We had scallops and rack of lamb. Both cooked to perfection. It was a pricey meal but worth every penny. Views were spectacular and very romantic.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived at this restaurant, we were seated promptly however then ignored for the next 25mins. We tried to call the waitresses and boss over many times but were again ignored. Once the food arrived, we didn't even know what to say.. One dish, the truffle ravioli was served in a 10cm round bowl and for €18 we got 7 pieces of ravioli that didn't taste even close to truffle, (only ricotta) drowned in 3cms high of olive oil, straight from the packet, not fresh.. it was awful! The other dish was cod and vegetables, again drowned in SO much olive oil that we could taste nothing else. It was a very expensive, disappointing meal! Never go here!

1  Thank Como38
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was disappointing, and pricey. View was nice. But service was REALLY REALLY bad. Arrogant, slow and unfriendly, the worst u may imagine about a French waitress.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overpriced, lacklustre service, and very pricey. Looks good from the outside but telltale signs give it away, like the post-its stuck on the menus. Very ordinary cooking, could do better at home. With my eyes closed. Views are nice but the same views in the cheaper and more cheerful cafes up on the main square in the village. Avoid this place, it's the pits...

1  Thank morristraduction