“Fabulous”

Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Roussillon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Panoramic views over the ochres of Roussillon.A total change of scene… and one you'll love. Sample the flavours of Provence, and enjoy a range of culinary wonders which Jean Luc Laborie will be delighted to share with you.Come to the Restaurant David with its panoramic views and terrace overlooking the ochre cliffs or take shade in summer under the beautiful pergola with its hundred year-old wisteria.Let our chef Emmanuel Champion delight you with his seasonal gourmet cuisine. A range of set menus, such as the "Return from the Market", draw on local flavours. Meanwhile, the winter fireplace menu boasts various roasted specialities including suckling pig, leg of lamb, rib of beef or rabbit.The Restaurant David is the perfect venue for your family dinners, weddings and any other special occasions…
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and ate here for our initial meal in Provence. We had a table by the window overlooking to ochre cliffs. The meal was great and the waiter directed us to a great bottle of wine at half the cost from some of the more "known" wines on the menu.

1  Thank pparker

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I sat inside the restaurant but next to a window overlooking the red orange cliffs of Roussillon -- the view was beautiful. As the sun set, soft up-lighting came on illuminating the cliff face. I can only imagine how lovely it would have been to sit out on the balcony with panoramic views. The service was attentive and the food was fresh, inspiringly prepared and a delight to the senses. This is one of the best meals (and overall experiences) my husband and I have had together.

3  Thank VictoriaCastillo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ok, on the one hand I am biased. I live in Roussillon and this place is 5 mins' walk away. But on the other hand I have eaten in some of the world's great restaurants from Venice to Paris and from Sydney to Shanghai... and this place remains my favourite anywhere in the world. A truly creative chef, stunning presentation, superb, discreet and friendly service, gorgeous views out over the Luberon, and for cuisine of this quality, extremely reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Upscale, fancy, expensive and worth every penny. Reserve it for a special occasion. Try getting a window table with a view of reddish cliffs.

1  Thank Cyrill V
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We love this restaurant and over the last three years have enjoyed many wonderful meals here en famille and with friends. The setting is amazing with the most beautiful views over "les ochres" and the surrounding countryside. The staff are always friendly and efficient. The lunch menus are good value and the food is inventive, beautifully presented and emphasises local flavours. Our children are always well-looked after and love whatever they are served. If you don't fancy a large lunch, I would recommend eating their brasserie-style salad lunches beneath the incredible wisteria in their central courtyard (open during the summer months - I'm not sure about the rest of the year). In my opinion, the food is far and away the best in the village of Roussillon (I recommend avoiding most of the tourist trap restaurants).

2  Thank CHW21171