“Lovely in Roussillon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Mas Destonge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roussillon
Le Mas Destonge
Ranked #2 of 10 Roussillon B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely in Roussillon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The area itself is breathtaking - we had great weather, that probably helped, but the red/orange rock, green trees and blue skies made me want to take up painting (that, and I really wanted to get one of the ochre pigment sets) The Le Colorado Provençal de Rustrel was gorgeous and a great walk - it and the Rustrel mines are both worth seeing.
Christiane gave us some great dinner recommendations as well as making us feel at home.
We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but the gardens were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dwight, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Christiane and Robert were wonderful hosts. We enjoyed spending time in their beautiful home. They were very gracious hosts and were very helpful with information about the area and wonderful restaurants to attend. The breakfast were wonderful with homemade jams and yogurt. The Indigo room was very spacious with a lovely shower and bathroom.The property was in a very quiet location with easy access to many walled villages. We enjoyed chatting with Christiane and Robert as well as the other guests staying in the B & B. We would definitely recommend this location to our friends and family. If we are able to visit Provence again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Christiane and Bob were exceptional hosts. They helped us to find a doc when my clumsy husband sliced his hand on a sharp baguette.....don't cut your baguettes, just tear them!

Christiane also went to the trouble of making a home cooked meal for us which was lovely. I think she wanted to give us a traditional experience since we had come all the way from Australia.

The breakfast was good with great homemade jam. The location was good if you plan to drive around Provence. The room was big and very clean, but would benefit from a tv and small fridge.

Overall, good value for money if you want a true Provencial experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Well we had never been to Provence before so maybe that has something to do with it, but we have NEVER had a better overnight experience anywhere. (And my wife takes to most hotels like a fish to turpentine.) "Bob" and Christiane were awesome -- very friendly and helpful but neither overbearing nor OCD-afflicted. The place was in great shape. I took more pictures from our balcony than from anywhere else on our trip. Breakfast was delicious. It was too cold for the pool but the space around it was terrific. And all the everything worked great. It's a few clicks away from Roussillon but that mattered not a whit. The only caveat I can think of is that we were there in October so it was empty; don't know if "in-season" occupancy would have affected our experience much--but I doubt it. In short, go there. And don't tell your friends.

Room Tip: Le Loft can't be beat, I bet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Incisive_Idiot
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

My parents and I had an absolutely wonderful stay. Breakfast was superb, everything of the highest quality. The rooms were so clean. The owners were so helpful and organised some wonderful meals for us. It was very hard to leave. Thankyou!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LivMckenzie
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We wanted to stay in the Luberon for one night (much too short) and many hotels and b&bs were booked or extremely expensive, and now I'm glad they were because it caused me to do more online research to find Le Mas Destonge. It is just a lovely b&b and we felt such a warm welcome by Christiane and Robert when we arrived. My husband and I had a large room, apparently the oldest area of the hotel, which was tastefully and beautifully decorated, with wooden beams on the ceiling, with a huge, well-equipped bathroom. My daughter and her friend had a room decorated in Provencal style with a bed and a daybed...very pretty. They had a shower they said was "awesome"!

There is a living room and a large family-type room where one could relax, a nice breakfast area, an inviting porch outside, pretty grounds...just much nicer than we envisioned. Breakfast was very good...with Christiane's home-made preserves, croissants, etc. It is in the country, though not far from Roussillon, very quiet and comfortable. We wish that we could have stayed longer than just one night.

We drove to Roussillon after checking in and it is just picture-perfect. The ochre-colored buildings are beautiful....a charming town. Believe me, you will take many pictures there of the town itself and the view from the village.

Christiane and Robert couldn't have been more hospitable and charming. We felt we got to know them just in an overnight stay. We feel that one needs more time in the Luberon as it is lovely. We made a quick trip from the Cote d'Azur, the Arles/St. Remy area of Provence (where we had been on previous trips), and wanted to see what the Luberon was like. It is certainly worth a longer stay and we highly recommend Le Mas Destonge as your b&b of choice. We hope to go back again one day to see what we missed and renew our acquaintance with Christiane and Robert.

Room Tip: If our rooms were any indication, I would imagine they are all nice. They do have photos of the roo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank VAfrancophile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

In the Le Mas Destonge we really can use the expression "feeling like home". It was exactly my feelings about this wonderful place.

I was in honeymoon, and the great place and the wonderful landscape, was perfect for romance moments.

We were very well welcome for the "trés simpatique" couple Christine and Bob.

The other guests were amazing also, and a few moments we were all together exchanging experiences about the great sites to visit in Provence, vinyards to taste wines, delicious restaurants with Provence food and herbes, and oil and cheese farms.

The Le Mas Destonge is very well located , in the middle of the grapes plantation, with the cosy village Roussillon, 5 minutes by car. Its near Gordes where you can see the lavandes.

The hotel also have two bikes for a private hide in the locations.

The breakfast was most than completely with an yogurt that I always dream to try again, but I didn’t found some similar in Brazil :/

We didn’t tried the Christine food, but if you have a chance, don’t miss it, because she is a “Cordon Bleu” Chef. I hope to have a chance in the next time.

Oh yeah .. I’m planning to be back next year to spend unless one week, because this is one place that is worthy to visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roussillon
Le Clos de la Glycine
La Petite Auberge de Roussillon
La Bastide de Gordes
La Bastide de Gordes
#1 of 25 in Gordes

Been to Le Mas Destonge? Share your experiences!