“Friendly, helpful and good food”
Review of Le Flavie

Le Flavie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Due to a delayed flight I came across this restaurant late on a Sunday lunchtime. Although all the locals were leaving they still found time to prepare me an excellent lunch appologising that the selection was now limited. There was no attempt to rush me and I was made to feel I was a valued customer when many restaurants would probably have turned me away. Hopefully I shall be able to go back when I can enjoy their hospitality for longer.

There are newer reviews for Le Flavie

Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a delightful place! Just 5 mins walk from the rail station just before the bridge into Breil Sur Roya, a gorgeous dramatic setting amongst mountains. Very very friendly service and excellent fresh food and drink. Salad nicoise followed by creme caramel were superb. Well worth visiting.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is outstanding. Looks like a hole in the wall but they put out an awesome menu of great quality. On the secondary route throgh the Alps between Cuneo, Italy and Nice, France.
They were so accomodating that when they realized we were Americans they swithched the music to Willie Nelson! HA! EVERYTHING was excellent starting with home made Pate, Daube, Brochette, and the house Bourdeaux. only wish they were closer to the main highway as this place is worth it. Chef Marie is superb.

1  Thank elfinforesttony
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Breil Sur Roya is beautiful but very quiet. Like a lot of the villages we visited. We went on a short walk and just on the edge of the town we saw the inviting red glow of Le Flavie from across the town bridge. We went and checked out the menu. Grand, it looked affordable and better than shopping in Spar so we said [--] it, lets go here.

Well.

Hours went past like minutes as our senses were dazzled with beautiful atmosphere and music, friendly happy-go-lucky service and most importantly DELICOUS food. My girlfriend went to the lavatory at one stage and up until then I thought we were the only ones having a great time but when I had a minute to look around me, I could see there were many other couples and families sitting around us, all with sparkles in their eyes and smiles wide on their faces. The effect of Le Flavie was obvious, this restaurant knows exactly how to make people happy, satisfied and welcome. Deep in the remote French Alps, Le Flavie is a treasure, the type of place we previously thought was reserved only for the top culinary cities of the world.

We stayed another night in Breil Sur Roya, mostly because we knew if the next day was sunny, we could roam around the village and surrounding mountains a bit and return to Le Flavie, which is exactly what we did!! To be honest the place made our trip.

We love you Le Flavie!!!!! Keep it real!

We're Irish by the way. We get excited easily about these things.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

By chance we found this place and were so impressed because this food is cooked traditionally. The people who work here do this on top of other jobs but they are exacting about quality and hospitality. The restaurant is welcoming and engaging. The food is not expensive and made from fresh ingredients. We will definitely eat here again when ever we pass by.