Have stayed here on and off for the past 30 years, usually as a last stop before Calais. This time we were given a royal welcome, and got upgraded. So things were looking very good. However, the bathroom waste-bin was still full from the previous incumbent and the bathwater for the first 5 minutes was brown.
The room was attractive, but there was no lift. At dinner there were only 3 couples dining. However the service was pretty poor, with the wine waiter never repouring the wine during the evening as well as the bread basket being a self help rather than presented via tongs. Small points but this does have a Michelin star! the food was good rather than exceptional.
You can park the car right outside for free- or inside the chateau for 15 euros (don't bother).
It seemed rather tired overall- apart from the excellent welcome. A shame really- possibly an off day in the winter....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, charming hotel, set in lovely gardens with a very good restaurant. The rooms are all different and cosy with space to relax. There is also a drawing room with an open log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau de Montreuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Montreuil Hotel Montreuil-Sur-Mer
- Château De Montreuil Hotel