“Wonderful Restaurant with Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Patio

Le Patio
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreuil-sur-Mer
Le Patio
London
“Wonderful Restaurant with Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have eaten at Le Patio a number of times now and it definitely our No. 1 restaurant of choice in Montreuil. This visit we went with friends and booked rooms (2 doubles and a single) so that we could enjoy our French gastro meal and waddle upstairs to bed when we were ready.

We find the owners very friendly. Madame is your hostess and Monsieur is the excellent chef. They recognise us now and are warm and welcoming when we visit.

The restaurant is spacious and smart, but not intimidating. The owners have recently added a lovely glass extension to the back and there are also tables in the garden. We were lucky enough to have a table in the new extension and enjoyed another fabulous meal. You choose from a set menu. Some of the dishes have a small supplement (for example, the steak or if you want 12 oysters, rather than 6). We find the cost very reasonable for the quality of the food. All 5 of us had something different from the menu and absolutely everything we ate was just delicious. The food is fresh and local and the chef, in our opinion, is very skilled.

The bedrooms upstairs (I think there are 5?) are clean and nicely decorated. We have stayed in two of the double rooms and liked both. They are not luxurious, but they are smart and for the price (we paid 60 euro) they are fantastic value. The bathrooms are new and the bed linen is fresh and white. Very comfortable. No. 30 is my favorite. One thing I would say is that if you are a light sleeper, then take ear plugs. Remember that this is a very old, traditional French building so there is some creaking when other guests are walking up/down the stairs plus the restaurant is on the main road coming into town. It's not majorly noisy, but because I am a light sleeper I take this precaution myself to ensure I get a good night's sleep.

We really like Le Patio and love Montreuil itself. I would highly recommend this destination for a weekend break.

ps - Montreuil's market day is on Saturday - yet another reason to head to this lovely town at the weekend - to stock up on all the local cheese, bread and flowers!

Room Tip: Take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

In December 2011/January 2012 I booked two rooms. I got an e-mail confirmation of my reservation on 03.01.2012. On about 21.04.2012 I got an e-mail from the Hotel that our confirmed reservation could no longer be honoured as the rooms were now let out to other people.
I would recommend anyone wanting to go to this Hotel to think twice as they might find themselves withou a rooms shortly before their arrival.
I for one will never go there again whihs is sad as the mother of the owner was such a lovely and honourable person.

Room Tip: No comments as I was prevented to go there.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hanspeterschaad
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Just back from a lovely weekend away with friends, staying at Le Patio in Montreuil.
Our room was clean and comfortable, not overly spacious, but good value.
We ate in the restaurant on Friday evening, which seemed to be full of mainly local people (usually a good sign!). The meal was excellent - varied menu, tasty and beautifully presented.
As you might expect, there was a good variety of (French) wine on offer.
We enjoyed the breakfast, especially the creme carmel - which appeared to be freshly made just for us!
Throughout our stay we found the staff to be pleasant, attentive and helpful. However, this may have been because one of our friends can speak fluent French and was therefore able to engage them in full conversation which I'm sure helped them to help us. I'm not sure that my wife and I would have enjoyed the same experience had we needed to rely on our own, very limited, linguistic skills (I'm ashamed to admit)!

Room Tip: If they are unoccupied, why not ask to see the available rooms and choose one yourself, as some don...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter W
Capel Curig, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Arrived at 1900hrs with no reservation having read reviews. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The meal (four courses) was to a very high standard and was clearly prepared with culinary skill and flair in its presentation. We have eaten in many different restaurants in France over the years, it is ones such as this that give memorable experiences of local French cuisine. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amyinlondon1964
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Following the reviews we read, we thought we would have a pleasant lunch last Saturday. We were delayed on the way there and entered the restaurant at 1.30pm without having booked.
I explained the situation and looked around as I was talking to check that there was any spare table left. the restaurant was fairly quiet but to my amazement, the lady behind the bar cut me short and said. "sorry we are fully booked in a very sharp way which meant get out, I cannot be bothered!!!"
On one hand we were disappointed as the menu looked very interesting but we thought that if the staff are that unpleasant , we were better off going somewhere else. We ended up having a very nice meal at Le Darnethal were the couple were courteous and polite, the meal was very good and the bill reasonnable. What a shame!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel on our way back to Calais. The room we stayed in was OK but not 'overly roomy' but it did the job for one night....a bit more of a traditional French hotel. However the Restaurant by far makes up for the room. As it was a Sunday evening we were not 100% sure what restaurants would be open in the town, so we decided to eat at the hotel...what a great choice that was. The food throughout the meal was outstanding very tasty and the presentation was first class. The 'walled' town of Montreuil-sur-Mer is a lovely place to visit, full of character and a variety of restaurants and bars to choose from. In the past we have stayed at Hermitage Hotel (part of Best Western), but I think that the character and the food of Le Patio gives it that 'french feel'

Room Tip: If you have a choice try and book the 'Family Room' ...its a very spacious first floor room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gurneygary31
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stopped here by chance for a place to eat which did not have meat as it's main course. It was our lucky day! We were welcomed warmly and shown to a table in lovely surroundings. We started with delicious cheese flan served warm with a lovely side salad. It was followed by cod fillet with roasted vegetables served in a chefy piled up style. We asked for them to leave out the chorizo which they were happy to do. The meal was completed with a lovely strawberry tart served on a neat slate platter. We had a small carafe of red wine and the bill came to €37. A real bargain. The meal wasn't huge but it was lunch so was a perfect size for mid day. We thought the whole experience was delightful.

• Stayed August 2011