1,313 results
All reviewsseine riveroutdoor poolla cornicheta reviewsby the glassmain buildingwarm weatherstunning locationwonderful weekendand freshly squeezed orange juicestar michelin restaurantservice was slowseparate buildingeat elsewherewonderful hotelflat tvbreakfast was included
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is a difficult review to write, because this hotel is really a place of two halves. The building is lovely and in an exquisitely beautiful place. Last week we stayed in a similar building in Mont de Marsan, where they have got all the little details just right. Here, we were amazed that the building is painted in dark purple so that it looks more like an Ibis! So far, so unusual, but all the paint, especially on the stairs, is chipped and scratched and the carpets need changing. It really looks more like an Ibis inside - fine if you ARE in an Ibis - comfortable and well-equipped. Silly things let it down - no towels by the pool, trying to order a drink and the 'someone will be with you immediately' never arrived. If you like pools and spas, they are here although I didn't try them. ( Husband failed with the outdoor pool because of the towels! ). On the plus side, the restaurant Panoramique is superb. The food was wonderful and the staff are young, enthusiastic, on the ball and with a lovely touch of humour. Really, really worthy of the praise. The view, of course, is absolutely stunning, especially in the gorgeous weather we had, and getting a room, even a purple one, with a view of that IS worth the money. Sitting dining looking over the balustrade at dinner was a true highlight. In short, it isn't a 4 star hotel - but it COULD be. The rooms that I and my friends stayed in were all in need of painting and overhauling, and so is the main entrance hall. That isn't the fault of the staff, who are charming, but it IS a management issue. If they did that, the place could charge twice as much!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Jerome-Crepatte, Propriétaire at Domaine de la Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear Guests,

Trust me, the management do is best to improve this magnificent building. In fact, I bought la Corniche in 2004. it was a ruin. We totally renewed it and built some new accomodations (spa, a bistrot restaurant, a kid corner...). unfortunately, keeping in shape is an everyday issue. But we invest each and every cents of what we earn to make "La corniche" a perfect spot. We also work just about 365/365 to host, improve and make your stay the best we can.

Since last year, we refurbish the rooms that were renewed in 2006/2007. We stopped with the dark paintings to prefer much softer colours.

I drive a Tesla car and to charge it on the highways I often stop in Ibis and Novotel... Honestly, I don't understand your point in comparing us. It's just like driving a brand new Volkswagen or an old Jaguar. It's just nor the same journey.

Anyway, thank you for taking time writting about us. i hope You'll make it again to my hotel and that, then, we'll give you an even better impression.

Jérôme Crépatte

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Stayed with a couple of colleagues, some of us in the main hotel but I was in the separate building. The main hotel is beautiful; great grounds and view, and the rooms I’m told very comfortable. The cheaper rooms in the different building are much more basic and don’t have too much to get excited about. They are not cheap, just cheaper. Next time I’ll make sure when booking that I’m in the main hotel. As I was working I did not get to use the facilities, but the leisure areas looked well worth a visit. Great hotel – just make sure you are in the main part.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The Chateau is a beautiful building decorated in a contemporary style, with amazing views. We enjoyed a drink on the terrace overlooking the Seine in the sunshine, amazing.

However, our room was not here, it was in an adjacent building, only a short walk away, but you did not feel you were staying at the hotel. The building itself was quaint, and decorated in the same style, it was comfortable and the bed was good.

Unfortunately we were on the ground floor overlooking the drive! The aircon was portable (fitted hose out of a window pane) and noisy. We had to open the window and then had the noise of cars arriving down the gravel driveway and people talking outside our window as they returned at night.

The reception staff were professional and friendly. We had a small issue, which the owner dealt with in a caring and accommodating way.

The hotel is situated in the countryside so you have to drive out if you want to eat elsewhere. We found the both the restaurant and bistro to be quite expensive.

I would recommend this hotel only if you request a chateau room and are looking for a quiet and tranquil location with amazing views.

Room Tip: Request a Chateau room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Jerome-Crepatte, Propriétaire at Domaine de la Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comments, even though you were not totally pleased with your room. as you described you were in room 62 which is within our first category. Located in our charming little mansion, la jeannette, on ly two rooms are not overlooking the valley. This house doesn't have A/C but, for the fews hot night we displayed in each room a portable climatizer as an extra service.

I hope we'll get the chance to host you again. Don't hesitate to contact me to make sure you'll get the room you want.

Jérôme Crépatte

Reviewed August 3, 2017

The hotel is split over various buildings. The view is lovely. The room we had was a bit odd, being the basement, but had a lovely terrace. The food was lovely. It seems to be more a romantic break hotel rather then a family hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
Jerome-Crepatte, Propriétaire at Domaine de la Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments!

In fact, we try to organize always more offers for families. We have a large kid corner where Laetitia hosts your children. We also have an outdoor playground and we are preparing a little farm for this fall. Maybe we didn't do properly the presentation when you checked in.

Jerôme Crépatte

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Beautifull view from the main building.
Breakfast was fresh and sufficiant.
Rooms comfortable
Service very friendly.
The main restaurant very fency and expensive. Go to the brasserie which is a lot friendly and comfortable.
Located in a very small village. Nothing to do there exept nature and relax.
The spa contains nice large swimming pool.
Value for money - good.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Jerome-Crepatte, Propriétaire at Domaine de la Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear guests,

Thank you for your comments.

In fact, the main restaurant is quite expensive but, trust me Julien's cuisine is worth the price you'll pay!!! Of course, the bistrot is also very good and friendly but the panoramic is an experience. My advice: try both!!!

Jerome Crépatte