“Horrible!!!”

Hotel Les Jardins d'Asnieres
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was in this hotel for 3 nights last Christmas which made me the worst Christmas ever. First of all it was a long journey from Charles De Gaule Airport to find that hotel (around 3 hours) as it is located in the suburban area of Paris ( mostly Arabs live there). The receptionist couldn't understand a single English word! when we finally found the room the bath room smells unbelievable disgusting! (you can't imagine)! but the most amazing part of staying there was when we find MOUSE in our room!! Yes Mouse!!! Moving under our bed!!! and then when we asked the receptionist to do something for us he was just laughing! he couldn't understand us even at first! I draw a mouse on a piece of paper and showed him but in the answer he draw a cat for me!!! and showed me by hand to open the doors so the mouse can go out!!! You might now laughing but believe me it's not funny at all when you encounter this!! many many other problems such as the lift was not working, every morning somebody wanted to come to our room and CLEAN!!! This Hotel is truely a HELL!!! don't even think about it!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Arash_BEI

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Very good service, albeit sometimes distant, however some people may find the super tiny elevator´s noise a bit worrisome. It is located outside of Paris but an underground's terminal is near.

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank LeonR4
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My stay was perfect, the hotel is located where u can buy food to eat and have a walk around the local market. Its also near the bus station which you can take to every where. I read reviews about broken toilets and an dirty carpet. Well my room was excellent and if youre not too picky, and paying a low price, then this is the place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Momin N
Oxford
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed here as we had a family wedding near by. The room was awful!! The carpet was filthy, lights did not work, toilet was broken, and the phone did not work not to mention the unspeakable filth on the celing (I dread to think what it was or how it got there) and mold in the bathroom!!! The staff were friendly but seemed not to care about these issues much. They got us a working phone and fixed one light so we could at least see in the evening. We had no choice but to stay here for 2 nights but if we'd have had a choice we would have checked out as soon as we got there. The only good thing was that the sheets and towels were clean.

We went out on the first evening to find a shop and quickly realised the area was not safe and went back to our room straight away. I would not want to be a lone female here, it is really scary at night and I lived in Brixton London so I know scary when I see it!
We meet a relative who lives in Paris and whose wedding we were going to who said it was a very bad area.

All in all this hotel ruined what should have been a lovely family trip to Pairs for a wedding. I can only advise everyone not to be swayed but the budget cost as it's a nasty horrible hotel in a horible area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Lou1982ox

Travelers are raving about these Asnieres-sur-Seine hotels

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed February 5, 2009

This hotel was nothing short of disgusting. Don't let the nice lobby or pictures fool you. The rooms (I was with friends) were simply put...gross. There were old carpet tiles on the floor that had mold underneath. There was mold on the walls. My toilet had not seat....I had to request one be put on. Carpet tiles had stains on them...everywhere. Ceiling tiles was missing or hanging. I walked in the rooms with shoes on. The elevator only worked up to certain floors. I had to go one floor above my floor and walk down.

When we went into the breakfast room (in the basement), there was a pan in the middle of the room where the ceiling was dripping. When a toilet would flush, water would drip into the pan. Needless to say, we did NOT eat breakfast.

Location was way outside Paris and the neighborhood was seedy, seedy, seedy. I didn't feel safe, and was afraid to come back to the hotel after dark. There were drug deals going on outisde my window until wee hours. I could see people drive up, make a "transaction" and leave. I was so afraid in this hotel, that I pulled furniture in front of the door at night.
Hotel is just plain old and neighborhood is worse. A Motel 6 is a five star resort compared to this place.....avoid at all costs.
Sadly....our travel agent made the reservations and was unaware of how bad this place was.
Beware!

• Liked — The fact that I was able to leave....
  • Disliked — Everything, location, cleanliness!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank TravellingPrncess
Bronx, NY
Reviewed March 8, 2007

If you are more interested in Paris, then this place is for you. It is very basic. My room was clean, but don't be fooled by the pics online, it is not a new hotel. Another issue was the area. it is NOT in Paris! it is at least 30-45 mins out in a surrounding suburb. This area can feel a bit dicey at night as well. All in all I recommend this place for college students who would be out and about more than in the room. My experience was not horrible, but I would not stay here again. More so because it is away from everything. Bronx, NY.

• Liked — room was clean. front desk were very helpful as I was travelling alone.
  • Disliked — location, location. neighborhood good a bit shady at night.
  • Stayed March 2004, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank trinbago27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asnieres-sur-Seine
ibis Styles Asnieres Centre
Comfort Hotel Au Firmament
#3 of 4 in Asnieres-sur-Seine
Best Western Plus Suitcase Paris la Defense
Ibis budget Gennevilliers Asnieres

Been to Hotel Les Jardins d'Asnieres? Share your experiences!