“Excellent service”

and 1 more site!
Alpina Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Rauris
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A really good hotel which provides high levels of service. Clean and well appointed, good views and food was great. Great hosts and they spoke good English. Will def stay again. We stayed for 2 nights with a small baby.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ben r

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed in here in January 2013, although there was only myself and my partner staying, we were given a large family room (we did make a very late booking)to stay in, which had an attached lounge to the bedroom which was fantastic with view onto the bottom of the red run coming off the mountains. The standard of the rooms was very good, and encluded comfotable seating areas for when we were skied out. As for the food, I cannot speak highly enough of the effort that is put into the food, and the experience of dining in the restaurant. Breakfast is a buffet, with everything you would usually expect, and the most lovely soft boiled eggs I have tasted. Dinner however is where they excel, a salad bar is on offer followed by at least 3 courses, for which you can select from a menu the day before, served to your table by excellent waiting staff, and acompanied by the chef on some days to discuss his dishes (a very commited man, who we had some good chats with over how he had prepared the dishes, and hwat the names of the dishes signified). The facilities in the hotel are great, the hotel looks to have had recent renovation as the bar area and buffet area are high quality modern areas, where you can spend time in an evening with games, chatting and drinking. The indoor pool is a gem, with background music and lights in the pool, which made my early morning swim a great experience. The wellness facilities are spacious, with a sauna and some seating areas which allow you to unwind after a day on the slopes. The biggest plus to this hotel is the owners and the staff, nothing was too much for them, Carmen and Thomas met everyone who arrived on the first day and continued to be friendly and welcoming throughout our stay. All the staff from waiters to cleaners were likewise helpful, smiling and cheerful, always going out of their way to say hello, whilst around their daily buisness. You have to go on the guided tour of Rauris with Thomas, a good chance to look around the town, here some lovely music and get a nice drink as well (this was made even more magical whilst it was snowing)The big shock was that the hotel is 3 1/2 stars, everyone else we spoke to in the 4 star hotels around us was amazaed/jealous of our hotel. We have two children who were not with us on this trip, but if they were they would have loved it, there was a small play area downstairs with pool table, and some soft play toys, the chidren were allowed in a different restaurant to the couples, which allowed everyone to enjoy their meals. I have previously stated that i woul never go back to a hotel, as i like to experience new places, but this hotel was so good that i would consider coming back again (and may of the patrons had been coming back to this hotel for years - and now i see why). My only worry is that more people will find out about this gem, and we may not be able to get a late booking!!!

Room Tip: We did not select any special room, but were assigned a larger room on arrival (not sure why), but t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mattias-Harrogate
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here early February 2013, it was a very busy week as it was a half term holiday week.
The staff are great, very friendly and helpful and Carman is superb with her running of the place.
The room was a single & not huge but it had plenty of room for everything and was very well furnished. The en- suite was extremely well equipped with really good quality fittings . The shower was very roomy and refreshing after skiing. The hair dryer was worth a mention as hotel ones are often not up to much but this one was great.
The food was amazing, every meal was superb, the soups, salads, mains whether fish or meat and puddings everything was tasty and well presented.
I would go back just for the food.
I also made use of the indoor pool which was very good, with nice surroundings.
There were many other facilities that I did not make use of but I would imagine if you had children you would find they are well catered for .
Rauris is only a small village so the hotel is only a few minutes walk to anywhere.
Most people I spoke to returned to the resort year on year, and similar to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank skiantibes
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely week at the Alpina, Carmen, Thomas and all the staff made our stay such a lovely and memorable one, it certainly was home from home, nothing was too much trouble, such a friendly welcoming place, the food was outstanding for us & our children. The other guests we spoke to had all been there before and I can see why, I wouldn't hesitate at going back, thank you for such a lovely week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The 5 of us really enjoyed our stay here. The food was exceptional to say the least. Carmen and all her staff work very hard to ensure that everybody receives the best possible service. This is a very well run hotel and you wont be disappointed. Carmen even took the time to look at our daughters rash on her face and the farewell was a really nice gesture as well.

Thank you Hotel Alpina for making our week in Rauris unforgetable.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank mandm108
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a stay at this hotel. First impressions were great as the welcome was so friendly. The atmosphere in the hotel was lovely. It is unpretentious, charming, friendly and relaxed. The food is very good with a vegetarian option each night. There is a wide choice at breakfast and there is an afternoon snack provided every day. Prices were very reasonable with a glass of wine under 3 euros. The room was comfortable, if a little hot, but it was incredibly quiet. You never heard anyone in the corridors or room next door.
Used the pool (a bit cold) and sauna a couple of times. These areas were spotlessly clean. The staff were helpful, welcoming and efficient and the whole place is very homely. If I had any small criticism it would be that the lighting in the bedroom and also bar area was a bit too subdued and it made reading difficult. Only a minor issue though and would definitely return. We loved it.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the hotel but it was still amazingly quiet with a large balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SilkiEngland
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My cousin, myself and my two daughters ( age 7 and 4 ) stayed here for a week while on our ski holiday. The owners, the staff, the food and the facilities are second to none ! I've never felt so at home whilst on holiday. My fussy girls enjoyed most of the food and fell in love with the staff, especially Michelle and Vanessa. If you have family, this is the hotel to stay. Many thanks to Thomas, Carmen and all of the staff for making our holiday so memorable. Love Kelly, Olivia and Francesca Preston x

• Stayed: February 2013